The issue at hand is the M102.982 non-cat potentiometer.

Seeking enlightenment - I have at last purchased a substitute for my deteriorated pot (the one seen at the top in the picture). Nevertheless, the replacement item, shown as the bottom one in the picture, had noticeable dissimilarities.

I sent the vendor of the new pot with a photograph of my old pot, and he verified that they are not compatible. Returning the new pot is not an issue. However, he does not have a suitable replacement for my old pot, and I am encountering difficulty in locating a pot with a comparable configuration elsewhere.

The previous one has been reinstalled, and the vehicle is functioning well. However, it does experience some hunting. Therefore, I would really appreciate any recommendations for a good replacement potentiometer.

No, it has a different part number. I attempted to test the new device and found that the resistance between pin 1 and 3 was satisfactory at 4.6kohm. However, there was no reading detected between pins 1 and 2, which are responsible for deflecting the airflow plate.

I am now searching for a Ferrari, but it seems that all the owners have already acquired one. However, there are a limited number of used ones available. Additionally, there are some individuals in Ireland who are dismantling W124s, so I will attempt to contact them.