Mazda is in the process of integrating new engines with Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) technology.

HOV

The source of this information is unknown, but it pertains to the CX-70/CX-90 platform and its notable features, such as the inclusion of new longitudinal 6-cylinder engines. However, it has been reported that these engines will not be paired with a normal torque converting automatic gearbox. It is probable that the gearbox system will consist of an 8-speed wet twin or multi clutch configuration. If such is the case, this particular matter will be a decisive factor that will lead me to terminate the agreement. One may express much admiration for the advantages of rapid gear changing, highly efficient dual-clutch transmissions (DCTs), and their implementation in sports vehicles. However, it is arguable that for the average driver, this particular technology may not be optimally suited. One may consider transitioning to the Hyundai forum in order to peruse accounts of negative experiences pertaining to the new Santa Fe model, specifically in relation to its utilisation of the twin clutch configuration. This examination aims to shed light on the concerning frequency at which these gearboxes are encountering failures. Due to the absence of a Mazda dealership in our vicinity, my intention was to get the CX-70 model from a dealership located 75 miles away. I am unable to take the chance of encountering issues and doing extensive travel for recalls and repairs. Consequently, I will need to explore other purchasing options in 2024. Unfortunately, I had believed that the CX-70 would be an ideal choice for our needs.

I am inclined to question the accuracy of the source. According to the information provided in the majority of CX-60 YouTube videos, it has been conveyed that the CX-70 model would include identical engine options, including an 8-speed torque converter gearbox. I would be pleased to purchase a CX-60 in its current form, and I am perplexed as to why Mazda has chosen not to introduce this model to the United States.

Moreover, it would be incongruous with Mazda's brand identity to have many automatic gearbox options. It is noteworthy to observe the prevalence of the archaic 6-speed automatic gearbox in a significant portion of their current car lineup. The Mazda UK website has the CX-60 model in its inventory, specifying that it is equipped with an 8-speed automatic gearbox. It is reasonable to anticipate the inclusion of this feature, at a minimum, in the next CX-70 and CX-90 models, and perhaps in any vehicle that is not being discontinued, unless it is only designed for cars equipped with a longitudinal engine layout. This new feature is expected to replace the existing 6-speed gearbox.

The CX60 is equipped with a 4-cylinder layout and is paired with an 8-speed torque converter gearbox. The vehicle is equipped with a 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder engine that operates on either gasoline or diesel fuel. This engine is paired with an advanced 8-speed gearbox, namely a non-torque converting multi-clutch gearbox, sometimes known as a dual-clutch gearbox (DCT). This indicates that the Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) is intended for deployment in the North American and United States markets, specifically for the CX-70 and CX-90 models. Please engage in independent reading.

The implementation of DCT would also be a decisive factor for me. It is plausible that the manufacturers may alter their decisions on the gearbox system for the production cars, so potentially reverting to the conventional gearbox. Consequently, I would not be taken aback if such a modification were to occur. Despite the piece being dated in March, it still referred to the Mazda 6 as an anticipated car, which aligns with my own preference. Around that time, I became aware of the discontinuation of the Mazda 6.

No Mazda 6 is available. I am perplexed by Mazda's decision to use a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT). Torque converting transmissions are somewhat less intricate and provide a smoother operation in comparison to their more sophisticated counterparts. It is acknowledged that although these vehicles may possess a little higher level of efficiency and the ability to swiftly transition between gears, it is important to note that they do not fall within the category of sports cars. There is a cost associated with it. Dual clutch transmissions (DCTs) exhibit erratic behaviour in congested traffic, proving to be very problematic in situations characterised by slow-moving vehicles. Furthermore, their performance significantly deteriorates in scenarios involving heavy traffic congestion, rendering them particularly unsuitable for use. Additionally, DCTs demonstrate subpar performance in slippery circumstances, such as snowy environments. In addition, it should be noted that the clutches experience wear and tear, while the transmissions need more regular maintenance. This Mazda gearbox is a recently created model that is susceptible to issues often seen in other cars equipped with dual-clutch transmissions (DCTs), making it imperative to exercise caution and refrain from its use whenever possible. The perceived inconvenience associated with this particular car, which I would classify as suitable for family use, makes it an unwise choice. I am inclined to consider opting for a recently developed engine since I have confidence in Mazda's expertise in this area. However, I am uncertain about the suitability of a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) for my needs. The individual exhibits a lack of willingness to undertake such a substantial level of danger. I am eagerly anticipating the release of the official specifications pertaining to the Mazda automobiles. The disclosure of pertinent information by the concerned party has been characterised by a notably sluggish pace, notwithstanding the prolonged period during which the automotive industry has been enthusiastically discussing these automobiles.

My preferred option would be a manual, but, that is not feasible. I will go for a conventional automatic gearbox due to need. I prefer not to go for cars equipped with Dual Clutch Transmissions (DCTs) or Continuously Variable Transmissions (CVTs) since I tend to purchase automobiles with the intention of retaining them for a decade.

The Mazda CX90 and CX70 models do not use a conventional torque converter. It seems that the decision was made to include the wet dual clutch gearbox (DCT) instead. The aforementioned issue is of significant importance to me, thereby leading me to discontinue my consideration of the CX70. Regrettably, due to the considerable distance of 1.5 hours to the closest dealership, I am unable to make the decision to proceed with the purchase of a vehicle equipped with these gearboxes, given my informed understanding of their reliability concerns. I was inclined to take a risk with a newly introduced first-year six-cylinder engine, but I was really hesitant to do so with a wet multi-clutch gearbox. I will now have the opportunity to explore the offerings of many manufacturers and subsequently make informed decisions during the next two to three months.

The component in question does neither function as a torque converter nor does it operate as a dual-clutch gearbox (DCT). Is it correct to infer that the use of Hybrids or Mild Hybrids eliminates the need for a torque converter? I eagerly anticipated the release of the CX70; but, due to the discontinuation of the X3 30e, I ultimately made the decision to purchase a BMW 330e. It is plausible that my vehicle lacks a torque converter as well. Could you please clarify the subject matter of your inquiry?

This review extensively discusses the gearbox system. The present review pertains to the 2024 Mazda CX-90, specifically focusing on the Turbo S and PHEV variants. The source of this review is a YouTube video, with specific timestamps provided for reference. It is suggested to refer to the video between the timestamps of 16:00 to 18:00 and 32:00 for more information.
This evaluation also examines the distinctive characteristics of the gearbox. The first drive of the 2024 Mazda CX-90 may be seen on YouTube, namely at the timestamp of around 2:00.
Another review also discusses the gearbox, suggesting that it operates similarly to a manual gearbox being controlled by the electric motor. However, the accuracy of this claim remains uncertain. In the event that I am able to locate the aforementioned evaluation.