The precise position of the little coolant pipe remains unidentified. Assistance is requested. To which category does this item pertain?

MidnightMarauder

My adolescent offspring and I are now engaged in the process of reassembling a 1997 Mazda 626 v6 2.5L vehicle subsequent to the replacement of the head gaskets. We are seeing difficulties in determining the precise placement of the metal tube, namely a tiny coolant pipe, as seen in the attached document. The presence of a rubber ring on one end suggests that this particular end is intended for connection to a metallic aperture. The use of a 10 mm bolt may potentially provide stability to the object in question, while uncertainty remains about the appropriate orientation of the bolt. The opposite extremity seems to be affixed to a minor coolant conduit at a particular location. I would want to refrain from proceeding with the reassembly process without first determining the appropriate placement of this particular component.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas to contribute?

image.png.4119b52412ee50e65a6335ce2786be9d.png

Based on my observation, the object in question seems to resemble a vacuum or emissions line. However, it is important to note that this assessment is purely speculative and without empirical evidence. If one were to find themselves in a similar situation, it would be advisable to continue with caution and meticulousness throughout the reassembly process, while maintaining the hope that the correct placement would eventually become evident. It is conceivable that there may be unsecured lines and hoses now in place. Is it possible that any of these lines and hoses correspond in diameter to the tube in question, and may they potentially provide any valuable insights or indications?

I want to own a monetary unit for each component that I have detached on the presumption that I will retain the knowledge of its proper placement. A portion of them remain in an undisturbed state on the shelf...

The picture in question was discovered inside the collection of schematics available on the official Jim Ellis Mazda Parts website (https://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/s...roduct=1887015).
The component identified as 15-520 seems to resemble the specified part. Nevertheless, there seem to be several variants regarding its mode of attachment. Perhaps a more thorough examination of the engine at our disposal will enable me to comprehend its functionality. However, I am inclined to seek assistance from those who may possess a superior understanding of this diagram.

image.png.ff781f62428d1b8610ebcf05f8e023db.png

Understood. The location where this component is connected is identified as the point of attachment between a hose and the oil filter. The hose shown in the top left pop-up of the previously provided figure is oriented in an upward trajectory on the vehicle in question. Regrettably, we neglected to connect this component prior to reinstalling the exhaust manifold.

My inquiry pertains to the probable destination of the non-hose end of this metallic conduit. The region in question is characterized by a constricted and challenging environment, making it arduous to perceive and experience sensory stimuli. It seems likely that either the bolt or the end of the tube became affixed to the head at some point, since it is unlikely that we would have inadvertently removed it when detaching the heads. Please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but it seems like both of the hoses exiting the oil filter are responsible for transporting filtered oil to the engine. The pipe that is directed horizontally from the oil filter is connected to the engine block. Can you provide any conjectures on the destination of the vertically departing hose from the oil filter (together with the accompanying tube) in terms of the filtered oil's intended route? It is possible that an alternative location for the component in question may be found on the engine block or perhaps on the cylinder head. My knowledge on the lubrication system's regular routing is limited. However, I am hopeful that individuals with relevant expertise may provide guidance to facilitate my search in the appropriate direction. Alternatively, if the user has a KL V6 engine, they may consider examining the routing of their engine.

The Toyota vehicle in my possession is equipped with a throttle body that has a coolant line, presumably designed to maintain a stable temperature inside the throttle body. Is there a possibility that this tube performs a similar function? I regret that I am unable to provide you with more substantiated opinions than the ones already expressed.

• The position was successfully identified and subsequently reinstalled, a task that proved challenging due to the reassembly of components such as the timing belt. The aforementioned conduit facilitates the transfer of a small quantity of coolant from the region between the two cylinder heads, known as the crossover pipe area, and then directs it in a circulating manner around the oil filter. This process serves the purpose of assisting in the cooling of the oil. The conduit is situated posterior to the protective barrier and is positioned in close proximity to the timing belt. It is likely that the component was inadvertently detached during the process of replacing the head gasket, since it is typically secured to the front head above the oil filter.