What is the missing component of the energy flow monitor?

The istop status on the energy flow metre indicates a state of readiness. However, upon deceleration and cessation, the istop status transitions to a state of unreadiness. What is the information I am lacking? I believed that istop would also function throughout that time, such as traffic signals. I would really appreciate any clarification you can provide.

The Energy Flow Monitor display displays three distinct icons, namely AC, Battery, and Engine, arranged in a left-to-right sequence. Which items are emphasised when the "not ready" notification is received? Does the i-Stop function well, or is it only an inaccurate signal, or does it consistently fail to function in certain particular circumstances? Kindly specify the year model and provide details on the engine and trim characteristics, since the user profile does not provide clear information.

Hello.

Thank you so much for your response.
The vehicle I own is a 2021 2.0 e-skyactive G MHEV GT Sport manual, which is in the colour soul red.
My istop does function, just not consistently. The functionality of this feature is contingent upon many factors, including low temperatures and the state of the battery. I requested the dealership to investigate this matter, and they have replenished my battery and verified the use of the feature.

I am intrigued by the functionality of the istop, which is why I have chosen to keep the Energy flow monitor enabled. However, I must acknowledge that I have not yet observed the specific icons that are highlighted. I will investigate this matter tomorrow. Are there any further considerations I should take into account about istop? Anticipating that a steady istop will also contribute to improved fuel efficiency.

Thank you in advance.

The visual representation of the symbols under the ready/not ready text remains unchanged in all scenarios.

1. My regular commute in a semi-urban area takes around 45 minutes each way, which may not provide sufficient opportunity for the system to function well.

2. Upon receiving the vehicle, the dealership notified me of a software upgrade, but they were unable to implement it due to warranty restrictions (£180). Could this potentially be a problem?

Based on the functionality of the graphics and the depiction of energy flow within the power train, it can be inferred that the system is operational and contributing to enhanced fuel efficiency when driving. However, the occurrence of stop and start signals at traffic lights remains a perplexing aspect.

Regarding the automobile, I have a strong affinity for it, however it may lack sufficient power on slopes.
We much appreciate any assistance you may provide.

Disregard the "not ready" warning shown on the screen of your i-STOP device if there are no further indicators on the icons. Consult the Energy Flow Monitor only in cases when i-STOP is malfunctioning, since the symbols would assist in pinpointing the specific location of the issue. Alternatively, just get pleasure from the vehicle and depend on its sophisticated system to determine when it is energy-efficient to use i-STOP and when it is not. As you said, there are several occurrences when i-STOP briefly fails to function for various reasons.
I am not the most qualified individual to provide guidance on i-STOP, since I really dislike this technology and my first action on every vehicle is to promptly deactivate it upon engine start. Fortunately, the process of pressing a single button on Mazda is efficient and effortless. Other manufacturers use more intricate methods. In light of my professional responsibilities, I was required to engage in the examination of technical solutions pertaining to start/stop systems, as well as the software algorithms associated with these systems throughout their early stages of development. This persuaded me that the implementation of these systems was only a superficial tactic to appease environmentally-minded government officials who lack a solid understanding of fundamental physics. Furthermore, the tangible advantages of these systems for car owners are minimal. I am not inclined to get into the intricate scientific aspects of this matter, but it is crucial to comprehend that the concept of free energy does not exist. If the engine is deactivated and the AC, lights, heating, infotainment, and other systems are operated using the battery, it becomes necessary to restore the electric energy that has been consumed. Consequently, in the case of the M Hybrid system, such as the CX-30, the integrated starter generator (ISG) will require a greater amount of power from the engine upon re-starting. Consequently, this leads to increased fuel consumption and emissions. If you reside in a location where you often halt at traffic lights for a duration of 2-3 minutes and thereafter proceed to drive at a speed of 30 mph or higher without any restrictions, i-STOP may provide you with a marginal advantage in terms of fuel efficiency. However, doing this on the crowded metropolitan roads of the United Kingdom is seldom, since the majority of the time we navigate through start-stop traffic, with brief stoppage lasting 5-10 seconds, followed by a comparable rush of activity. Engaging i-STOP will result in the engine starting and stopping every 5-10 seconds, which is detrimental to both the engine and your mental well-being. One may choose to maintain pressure on the clutch to avoid this occurrence, however this contradicts the fundamental purpose of i-STOP. If you are driving in a rational manner and adjusting your speed based on the general traffic flow, i-STOP is completely ineffective outside of towns and cities. Regrettably, starting from 2017, all of my vehicles, including my two present Mazdas, were equipped with a start/stop system. However, as previously said, I now mostly disable it and use auto-pilot instead.
I have certain reservations about the information provided by your vendor. Initially, I own a 2021 CX-30 and my dealer performed all software upgrades on my vehicle without any charges or inquiries. When you bring the automobile for service, they inquire if you would want the software to be updated. My dealership employs a dedicated advisor that diligently oversees all software upgrades and promptly notifies you of any available updates for your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). This pertains primarily to previous iterations lacking Connected Services and over-the-air upgrade capabilities, such as the car in question. I concur with the notion that the issue you have seen may be associated with the outdated software rather than the i-STOP system per se. Additionally, it was communicated that the problem with your i-STOP was remedied via the process of charging a 12V battery. It would be OK to do this action on older SKYACTIV-G engines that do not have M Hybrid. Nevertheless, with M Hybrid systems, after the first cold engine start is completed, full control over future start/stop procedures is transferred to a distinct Hybrid battery, namely a 24V Li-Ion battery. with contrast, a 12V battery does not play any role in this process. These devices are hermetically sealed and do not have readily accessible connections. They may be connected to a charger, but they are not intended to be recharged at the workplace. Similar to other electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrid vehicle batteries, the batteries used in Mazda's M Hybrid car are considered disposable equipment. Consequently, Mazda provides an 8-year guarantee for the M Hybrid battery. Apologies for my scepticism about your dealership, but it seems that they are attempting to either deter you or exploit you. Do they just concentrate in Mazda dealerships or do they also provide Mazda products with other brands?

The energy flow metre is unnecessary. It is advisable to closely monitor the tachometer. The handbook provides a comprehensive list of potential causes for the system's failure to deactivate the engine, such as the AC system being set to blast air at the windscreen, the driver not wearing a seatbelt, or the steering wheel not being oriented in the correct direction.

Do not excessively concern yourself with it.