Are there any concerns or problems related to the Soul Red Metallic color?

EtherealWanderer

I am now in the process of placing an order for a 2022 CX 30 Premium model.
Initially, I opted for the Soul Red Metallic hue as my preferred color choice. However, throughout my online research, I encountered a substantial volume of complaints about this particular color, specifically pertaining to issues such as chipping and flaking. Does the issue persist?

I am in possession of a 2016 CX-5 in the color Soul Red. The only imperfections consist of three minor abrasions caused by the projection of road debris. Although I am aware of their presence, it is incumbent upon me to bring them to the attention of others. In contrast, my vehicle has a striking resemblance to more recent models released within the last year or two.

Dealers often exhibit a preference for white and silver vehicles due to their ease of touch-up maintenance on the sales lot. The Soul Red variant indeed incurs a $500 surcharge; nevertheless, I believe this additional cost is justified given the enhanced safety features it offers. The colors white and silver become less visible in rainy conditions among dense vehicular congestion. I operated a commercial vehicle in a northern region for a brief while, during which the management implemented a uniform aesthetic by ensuring that all trucks were uniformly painted in the color red. In the event of being trapped during a snowstorm, it is possible to seek refuge inside our equipment. Notably, a red fender would exhibit visibility in snowy conditions, but a white fender would not.

In our possession is a 2021 Mazda CX-30 vehicle, distinguished by its Soul Red exterior color. The vehicle in question has minor abrasions or imperfections, which are comparable to those seen on other automobiles. This particular item garners attention among its peers and consistently elicits favorable remarks. My spouse first expressed a preference for a medium blue hue, but has now developed a strong affinity for the current color choice. The individual has a deep affection for operating the vehicle.

Selecting the Soul Red option is highly recommended since it is likely to result in a satisfactory outcome.

We own a 2018 Mazda 6 vehicle that was acquired in a new condition. After having driven around 30,000 kilometers, we have seen the occurrence of paint chipping on the vehicle's exterior. The vehicle is mostly stored in a garage. Approximately six chips have manifested throughout the preceding six-month period. Has anybody had success with their dealer in terms of finding a resolution? Greetings David, who resides in Sydney, Australia.

It is rather remarkable that a mere six instances of malfunction have occurred throughout a span of 30,000 kilometers. The issue at hand is not exclusive to MAZDA vehicles.
Contrary to popular belief on online forums, the notion that only Soul RED paint is the only option is not entirely accurate.
The quality of the paint is not a determining factor either.
The Mazda vehicle in my possession is of the Mica kind and has been consistently stored inside a garage, with rigorous maintenance practices being diligently adhered to. It is my fervent desire that, despite having reached a mileage of 30,000, the number of paint chips on the vehicle would be limited to a mere six.

Thank you for your prompt response. I failed to specify that the chips are located on the side of the car rather than the front. It is important to note that these chips are not a result of other car doors colliding with my vehicle. Additionally, the mileage of the automobile is 30,000 kilometers, which is equivalent to 18,600 miles in your preferred unit of measurement.