What is the definition of the term "Flattened"? The 2021 CX-9 is equipped with seating options.

Needsnewtyres2

Inquiring about the procedure to get a fully levelled cargo floor on a 2021 CX-9 GT, I need guidance on the appropriate method to fold down both the second and third-row seats. I am able to achieve a fully level third row, but, I am only able to position the seat-backs of the second row to rest on their respective seats. Nevertheless, it should be noted that they do not possess a perfectly smooth surface. The handbook exhibits ambiguity in this particular domain, since it makes references to other portions of the "Book". The handbook illustrates the complete flattening of the second-row and third-row seats, as shown in a visual representation.

image.thumb.png.29160027f65ad8200740806f293acc8d.png

I am uncertain as to what you are collectively referring to when you mention the concept of perfect flatness. The bench seat of my 2018 vehicle is capable of achieving a near-perfect horizontal alignment on all of its sides. However, the only action performed is the folding of the backrest, which is then laid flat on the bottom cushion. The surface is sufficiently level to accommodate the placement of plywood and large objects in close proximity to the front.

When using the tilt and slide function to facilitate access to the third row, it is seen that the passenger side undergoes a downward displacement. However, it is important to note that this feature is not intended for the purpose of loading large things into the rear compartment. Moreover, it may be said that it is not flat.

It is uncertain if there have been any modifications made to the seating arrangements between 2018 and 2021. To ascertain the extent to which the seat may be reclined, it may be helpful to include a photograph of the seat in its folded position.

This occurrence served as the impetus for the selection of the title of this discourse. I am uncertain about the intended definition of the term "Flat" as described in the handbook. Does the image above accurately depict the concept being discussed? Based on the findings obtained from online research, it is evident that this question is often encountered. Numerous people have inquired about this same subject, with some respondents suggesting that the object can really be completely flattened, as seen in the image. Conversely, others have corroborated your account by stating that it lies almost flat. The information provided in the handbook does not align with the term "almost." A visual representation is forthcoming.

This is the lowest possible point. The chairs have limited downward adjustment capabilities.

In my own observation from the year 2018, it was noted that the right and left sides exhibited equal heights. The objects have a planar configuration extending uniformly from the left lateral aspect to the right lateral aspect. There is a possibility that alterations were made over the period spanning from 2018 to 2021. Does the second row of your vehicle have a motorised or manual mechanism? The potential discrepancy may arise from the fact that the 2018 version is operated manually.

I am uncertain as to whether the elevation of the driver's side in your vehicle exceeds that of mine, or whether it is the passenger side in your automobile that exhibits a lower elevation compared to mine. It is observed that the passenger side exhibits a lower position in comparison to the other side in your vehicle.

Was there any obstruction present on the driver's side of the second row seat? Perhaps, if the centre armrest is not completely stowed away?

This is the lowest possible level. The chairs have limited downward adjustment capabilities.

In my observation from the year 2018, it can be noted that the height of both the right and left side seems to be equivalent. The objects have a planar structure extending uniformly from the left to the right side. It is possible that alterations have been made. The original poster's assertion is entirely accurate. It would be comprehensible if the 40% on the right did not decrease entirely to align with the 60% on the left, since the distribution is not symmetrical. I regret to admit that I have neglected to consult my handbook, for which I take full responsibility. However, it should be noted that if the same technique is used to the right, the resulting outcome is of a greater magnitude.

However, it is worth mentioning that I have just acquired a quite uncommon 2022 CX-9 TWO ROW car, which I take great pride in. I have successfully removed the third row from my vehicle and have proceeded to create a cardboard template for the purpose of fabricating a new cargo floor. It is my intention to complete this fabrication process during the next weekend. The system consists of three bolts and a wire connection. The donkey cushion proved to be somewhat troublesome until I managed to resolve the issue. However, the concept is straightforward. The size of the mentioned object is comparable to that of a Rav4.

No, I have tried this on several occasions. The seat belt was securely fastened, and the armrest was carefully inspected on many occasions. The driver-side seat, with a reclining mechanism of 60%, is persistently unable to achieve a fully flat position. In addition, one would expect the absence of a spatial gap between the seats in the second and third rows when they are folded. Contrary to the prevailing notion, this assertion is unfounded. There exists a substantial disparity. Consequently, the act of keeping little objects among these two rows lacks purpose. The design exhibits suboptimal qualities.

I have successfully resolved the enigma of the flat chairs. I became intrigued and subsequently began a series of experiments. I have a recollection of acquiring huge rectangular containers from the IKEA store, which included disassembled couch components. During that period, the seats of my 2022 CX-9 GT were folded in a manner that approximated a flat configuration. There are no problems encountered while loading them in.

The folding mechanism of the object allows it to achieve a nearly flat configuration, with both sides folding inward at an approximate angle of 5 degrees. Nevertheless, there are two distinct levers available for operation. The higher lever facilitates the forward tilting of the seat, so enabling access to the third row. Conversely, the lower lever is designed to fold the seat into a flat position. The functionality of the bench is limited to the smaller section, constituting about 40% of its total surface area. However, when the bench is folded into a flat position, it remains possible to use the top lever to further lower the seat. Consequently, a little decline is achieved, resulting in an enhanced level of flatness. Due to unspecified constraints, it is not feasible to perform the aforementioned action on the larger segment, which constitutes 60% of the bench. The bottom lever enables the folding of the object to a flat position, while the top level remains non-functional, resulting in the seat remaining in its standard flat configuration. The visual representation closely resembles the images provided by the original poster.

The spacing between the second and third rows is contingent upon the original placement of the bench, since it has the ability to be adjusted forwards or backwards. I concur that there is a discernible gap, even in the distant past. From my own perspective, this gap presents a favourable circumstance as it allows me to strategically position or conceal certain goods inside it. When embarking on camping excursions, it is customary to include camping chairs or umbrellas in one's inventory. These items are chosen for their slim dimensions, ensuring compatibility with the available space.

The discrepancy in the degree of drop between the right and left seats may be attributed to the use of distinct sliding mechanisms. This differential mechanism enables both tilting and forward sliding of the right seat, even when a kid car seat is mounted. When use the upper handle located on the right seat to access the third row, one will see a downward and forward movement, however the left seat does not exhibit this behaviour. I was previously unaware that it was possible to do the action subsequent to the folding of the seats.

I agree with the notion that both seats should possess the feature in question. However, it seems that the implementation of this feature was not extended to the left side. This discrepancy may be attributed to potential hindrances posed by the presence of the centre hump or similar factors.