Oil change for front differential

nickoyster4

I had to go through this with mine a while back, and strictly speaking, they are unique. It's a 2009 model year, right? Front and rear 75W90 oils are identified by RealOEM as SAF-XO and OSP, respectively. Redline's website will tell you that their 75W90 satisfies both requirements.

Using redline is same to using any other brand of oil. BMW-specific fluids should be distinct from the standard ones.

correction: OH, and I honestly don't recall what instrument I used to empty the front fluid. I accomplished this after completely replacing the diff; after that ordeal, removing the drain cap was a breeze. I probably also used my schwaben 14/17mm allen/box wrench set.

ALSO, there is a lot of debate/confusion regarding how full your front diff should be. Originally it was fill to the plug (approximately 800mL), then at some time it was 600mL, but now TIS specifies to fill it to the plug. So I did what it said. I will definitely write a blog entry about it if I ever have a diff leak.

My vehicle is a 2009 E70 3.0 X drive.

I purchased the BMW 75W90 Differential Service Kit - Liqui Moly from FCP Euro for the rear. I have encountered information on the modification of the fill up level required, which has resulted in a considerable amount of misunderstanding. I am using a pragmatic method, sometimes referred to as the "common sense approach," which involves filling the container to its maximum capacity until it reaches the point of overflow.

It is important to ensure that the vehicle is on a level surface while performing the task of changing the differential oil. From a personal standpoint, I find it challenging to fit below without raising it, while not being of a large stature. I would want to provide my perspective on the matter.

If one wants to perform the process of draining and refilling differentials...I reverse onto appropriate ramps...First, the front of the object is elevated, followed by a subsequent lowering onto two more ramps that are inserted horizontally. Additionally, it is possible to lower the vehicle onto jack stands by positioning them at the front jack points.

This is OK to me...

I have considered the possibility; but, however, it is not feasible in the geographical location where I now reside.

Is it necessary to remove the front driver wheel? I have perused many online discussions wherever individuals have engaged in this practise.

I am now endeavouring to engage in proactive planning due to a limited availability of tools, as compared to my previous circumstances. I am considering the utilisation of 2x12 ordinary timber, which will be doubled and stacked to achieve a height of 3 inches on all four corners.

According to prevailing norms, I possess a slender physique.