BENZE220AMG Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Hello, I am in dire need of assistance in locating a retailer selling the component inside the outer red ring. The star/baseplate and the distronic bracket are joined by this particular bracket. Nowhere can I locate it on the list. It will fall off while driving at some point because the clips are broken. Online, all I can find is the star itself and the distronic bracket, but not the bracket that connects them. You have my utmost gratitude. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MidnightMarauder Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Noting the make, model, year, etc. of the vehicle might be helpful. Has it been searched using the part number or has a Mercedes dealer been contacted? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BENZE220AMG Posted September 7 Author Share Posted September 7 Pardon me. A w205 facelift, that is. Using the part number only displays the baseplate and star. I have looked all over for the bracket that links the star to the distronic bracket, but I haven't found it anywhere. There is a circular bracket that the star base plate clips into, and that bracket slides into the mount that holds the distronic. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MidnightMarauder Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Did you consult a Mercedes-Benz dealership? It appears to be the most probable spot 👌 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BENZE220AMG Posted September 7 Author Share Posted September 7 Now that it's closed for Sunday, I'll have to ask tomorrow. Even after searching through my vehicle's parts diagrams, I have not been able to locate it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nickoyster4 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Does the order for the two parts include them under a single part number? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rab60bit88 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Looks like it could happen. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
torque2me Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 When I replaced mine, I noticed that the part had been replaced with a one-piece unit; perhaps yours has too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Needsnewtyres2 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 Has the VIN been submitted to a Mercedes dealer or a supplier of specialised parts been considered? Either the star/baseplate assembly or a different part number may be listed for that little connecting bracket. It is highly recommended to have it replaced promptly due to the broken clips and the possibility of the part coming loose while driving. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Needsnewtyres2 Posted September 7 Share Posted September 7 🙂 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.