Jump to content

CelestialSeeker

Members
  • Posts

    161
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CelestialSeeker

  1. That significantly impacts the manpower costs, unless the engine must still be extracted.
  2. Is the chain located at the front or back of this engine?
  3. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H4Z325Q?ref=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_T70Q60AXE0SR6NM2Q53P&ref_=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_T70Q60AXE0SR6NM2Q53P&social_share=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_T70Q60AXE0SR6NM2Q53P&starsLeft=1&skipTwisterOG=1
  4. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BHJ4F1FH?ref=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_515SQ6G8Y6TJCF5QE983&ref_=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_515SQ6G8Y6TJCF5QE983&social_share=cm_sw_r_cso_cp_apin_dp_515SQ6G8Y6TJCF5QE983&starsLeft=1&skipTwisterOG=1
  5. Are these oils OK for doing an engine cleanse and using the engine for a week or many days before replacing them with Liqui Moly?
  6. I own a 2008 BMW 320d. I just changed my oil to Liqui Moly Top Tec 4600 5W-30 and also used the LIQUI MOLY Cera Tec 3721 oil additive. The vehicle operates more efficiently, and the engine seems to be quieter. Should I continue using Liqui Moly in the short term or revert to Castrol, as indicated in the manual? Have I caused damage by not using the suggested oil?
  7. Thank you for your first post and further follow-up. It is good to have knowledge about problems and avoid being caught off guard.
  8. Mazda attributes responsibility to dash cameras for all occurrences. Regardless of whether the issue arose prior to the installation of a dashcam 🙂
  9. Removing the manifold was a painful experience that I did not find enjoyable. Do injectors not trigger an error code? After completing another scan, I have also detected code P1575 indicating a short circuit to the positive terminal in the right engine mount. Is this a potential factor contributing to the misfires? I am grateful for the assistance, gentlemen.
  10. A compression test was performed and the results indicate that everything is in good condition.
  11. Indeed, the carbon cleaning process has been successfully completed. The automobile is marginally superior... The automobile is able to idle, but it does so in an uneven and harsh manner. Additionally, when the car is revved, it still has repeated misfires in the main cylinders numbered 5 to 8. The car's performance seems to improve somewhat after it reaches operating temperature. I have inspected the plugs and other components, and everything seems to be in proper working order. What are your recommendations for my next course of action?
  12. Alternatively, may the issue be attributed to the camshaft sensor? Is there any method to do a test for it?
  13. Very well, I have a friend that has VCDS, so I will ask him to examine the issue. Today, I removed the input manifold and discovered a significant accumulation of carbon. Could this potentially result in such a problem?
  14. Thank you for responding. The vehicle has a service history that is documented till 2022 and has travelled little over 100,000 kilometres. I used a snap-on diagnostic scanner to get the codes.
  15. Greetings, everyone, I have a 2008 S5 4.2 V8 that is performing poorly. The car starts without any issues, but, it runs unevenly and the Engine Malfunction Indicator Light (EML) is flashing. The codes are listed below. The diagnostic code P0300 indicates the detection of several misfires. The code P0018 indicates a fault in the position of the camshaft in the specified bank. The user's text is "2 A". The engine is experiencing a misfire in cylinder 8, indicated by the code P0308. The engine is experiencing a misfire in cylinder 7, indicated by the code P0307. The engine is experiencing a misfire in cylinder 5, indicated by the code P0305. P0306 indicates a misfire in cylinder 6. The engine diagnostic code P0304 indicates a misfire in cylinder 4. Up till now, I haven't attempted anything. However, I am planning to start soon. Before doing so, I wanted to get some advise. We would much appreciate any guidance or recommendations. Thank you, everyone!
  16. I have produced a concise movie showcasing all the Mercedes vehicles that I had the opportunity to see during the remarkable Goodwood Festival of Speed that took place yesterday. The standout moment of the presentation for me was the meticulous reproduction of the "Blue Wonder" Mercedes Transporter.
  17. There were great expectations at the beginning of the CX60. Many purchasers believed that this product would also fulfil the high quality and performance standards set by Mazda. Nevertheless, Mazda's handling of the situation was subpar, since they encountered several avoidable flaws that might have been mitigated by more development time. Due to one or more reasons, Mazda failed to compensate the customers, thereby turning them into unpaid test drivers. After almost two years of being available for purchase, Mazda has successfully resolved many of the problems and has managed to address the remaining concerns in a manner that brings them to a more standard level. The peculiar sound that occurs while shifting gears from 5th to 6th is considered normal from their perspective. The abnormal noise in the suspension while executing a rapid turn remains unresolved. Up till now. Infotainment: When receiving a phone call, you must reselect your audio source. The chord is FM with an added DAb note. Thus yet, no solution has been found. (We had the identical problem with our Mazda CX30) Facial recognition technology: rated 5 out of 10. Utilising one's feet to access the trunk: There is a 30% chance of success. I ceased using it. There is no identification of persons on the back. If a passenger mistakenly applies an incorrect lock for the seatbelt, it is necessary to halt the automobile and restart it in order to cease the alert from persisting. Thus yet, there has been no resolution. In summary: Is this the highest quality Mazda model available? Negative. Is the service satisfactory? I endured almost three-quarters of a year driving a subpar vehicle and incurred substantial expenses as a result. The remuneration they provide is inadequate. Would I repurchase it? Unlikely. In response to your inquiry, the CX70 and CX90 models have a striking resemblance to the CX60. The knowledge they acquired from us is currently being used in the design and production of vehicles. My opinion
  18. Does silver possess any qualities beyond being a shiny shade of grey that lacks the depth of colour seen in flat greys?
  19. I agree with your statement that not all chargers are created equal. Avoiding 'rapid' charging until absolutely required will significantly improve the lifespan of your phone's battery, since excessive heat generated during fast charging can have detrimental effects on battery health. I use 'smart' plugs to charge my iPhone15 Pro and watch. These plugs are programmed to provide a low wattage charge (5W) for a duration of 2 hours, namely between 5 and 7am, in order to improve the charging process. If I determine that they need further charging during the day, I will provide a brief and rapid charging session. In addition, I have established 'Shortcut' automations that use Siri to verbally notify me when my battery level exceeds 80% or falls below 20%.
  20. During that period, other automobile manufacturers like as SAAB and VOLVO also used the jetronic K/KE system.Perhaps you might consider procuring or adapting second-hand replacement or internal components from Volkswagen or Lancia.
  21. I have had my vehicle for a duration of 5 years or 20000 miles, and recently incurred a cost of £140 to repair the nearside anti-roll bar. This is the first invoice I have received, excluding maintenance and MoT expenses, thus I am really satisfied with it.
×
×
  • Create New...