Issue with rapidly flashing indicator lights resolved

For the last year, I have been experiencing a problem with the left indicator flashing fast. Recently, this has been more bothersome as I have been using it more often. To find a solution, I conducted some research on this platform and other sources. I considered many potential solutions, including inspecting the plugs on the rear fitting for signs of corrosion and replacing the bulb. However, none of these attempts were successful. Another suggestion was that the brown earth wire may be causing a short circuit or not properly grounding, but unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue either. After some consideration, I made the decision to remove the front indicator lens and inspect the bulb inside. It is worth noting that all three lights were flashing fast, indicating that none of them were blown. Upon removal, I saw that the wire was bent in a double-fold manner. A few years ago, I recall removing this lens while replacing the projector lenses in the main light. I wondered if I had accidentally trapped the wire when reinstalling it. It seems that was indeed the case, as when I reinstalled the indicator housing, I made sure to guide the wire carefully to avoid trapping it. As a result, the indicators no longer flash rapidly.

I have conducted a series of manoeuvres, including left and right turns, navigating across islands, while using the indicators. It seems that the issue has now been resolved.

Although not very thrilling, I believe this information may be beneficial to someone facing a similar issue in the future.

As said, excellent job.
However, please refrain from excessively using them, since we BMW drivers must maintain our reputation.
Thank you for the information. It might perhaps be beneficial to someone in the future.

It seems that I may have prematurely said that the issue was resolved, as it continues to occur. However, the problem now manifests as quick flashing for 2 or 3 times before returning to normal. This only occurs when I use the left indicator for the first time after the vehicle has been turned off. Subsequently, the indicator functions normally.

The issue persists, but it has improved significantly. Therefore, more investigation is required, in my opinion.

It is possible that the issue lies with the earth pin of the rear lamp. I recommend searching the forum for further information. I have personally resolved this problem on four BMW vehicles I have owned, and it is even known to affect the F series.