colinallcars
Members-
Posts
162 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by colinallcars
-
Michelin Cross Climates, which are still premium tires but more affordable than Scorpions, were the ones I used instead of Pirellis.
-
Indeed, there is still no response; is it intended to disengage the latch?
-
Is a 2012x3 msport designed to allow the tailboard to be opened via the key fob?I possess a button on the key for opening the trunk; however, when I press it, there is no response. It is worth noting that the tailgate is non-electric, and while the key unlocks it in conjunction with the central locking system, it fails to release it. The handle switch operates without issue, but the key does not.
-
Should I retrofit my power fold mirrors?
colinallcars replied to colinallcars's topic in General Car Chat
Well, that's unfortunate. I wasn't planning on getting my hands dirty by changing out the FRM, but I figured it might be a simple fix. -
Should I retrofit my power fold mirrors?
colinallcars replied to colinallcars's topic in General Car Chat
He shows the driver's door from the inside. -
As I was attempting to fix a door knocking problem (which is addressed in a separate post), I discovered what seems to be wiring to my driver's side mirror. Does the power fold option use this wiring? Is it possible to install powerfold mirrors in place of the current mirrors, enable them in Bimmercode, and then have them function without the need to fiddle with the wiring?
-
Right now, the software is The Gen 5W Navigation Standard-class Platform This product is manufactured by MKBD and has the following version numbers: NQ5e_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.251204 for the software, NQ5E_H.EUR.09.251201 for the firmware, STD5W.EUR.KIA.250923.d4d60e3 for the navigation app, and EUR.18.49.56.023.631.5 for the map. Not much newer than that yet. The six-digit number in the Software and Navigation Versions is the update date reversed, so looking at it can help you interpret the update code.
-
According to the regulations, "...existing charge points of 50kW and above must offer contactless to consumers." This includes nearly all CCS2 and CHAdeMO systems. Also, Pod Point and Pod Energy are the lone wolves when it comes to contactless payment systems and Electroverse. I've managed to get InstaVolt, Gridserve, and Pod Point apps—the latter two of which are useful for night-time discount rates but not for Electroverse. Electroverse chargers are compatible with Lidl and Sainsbury's. Morrisons is now using MFG, which is far more dependable than GeniePoint, although both are on Electroverse.
-
How often do you receive payment reminders from Mazda?
colinallcars replied to Doncaster34's topic in General Car Chat
Even if the payment goes through much before the due date, we still get a late payment reminder every month. Even now, I have stopped opening them. Sending them mail is costing Mazda a pretty penny. Countless customers call, worried that their payment didn't go through, according to the CSR. The grace time seems to be overlooked by the system. -
Searching Google for the component yields an image that appears to be a 16550 cell encased. I would highly anticipate discovering that overhead in the telematics SOS device, as they go for £30–£50 on eBay. Its placement elsewhere is an oversight in the design. It appears to be located behind the glovebox in certain older Kia models. You can find out for sure by searching by VIN on partsouq. Unfortunately, my car isn't listed there just yet.
-
Does it emit a sickly sweet white vapour from the exhaust on those cold starts? My N57 turned out to be a glow plug controller and ran rough until it warmed up. According to my understanding, it maintains the glow plugs burning to even out combustion until the chamber is sufficiently heated to continue operating smoothly. It has to do with diesel.
-
What is the purpose of this recall code?
colinallcars replied to FireCar's topic in General Car Chat
Have you received the letter that will inform you? -
Can you reset the differential pressure sensor? I purchased the iCarsoft Car Diagnostic Tool CR Pro+, but it fails to reset the values, retaining the previous ones. Additionally, the peculiar aspect is that the "new" sensor displays an unusual value of -18.xx, but the old sensor registered only -0.7x, even with the ignition activated.
-
Thank you. I possess an XTOOL A30M, but it lacks the required option. I was unable to locate it anywhere
-
Apologies for the redundant topic; which diagnostic tool do you recommend for Kia vehicles? I require it to reset the readings for the differential pressure sensor, among others. Thank you.
-
I have owned a 2021 Kia e-Niro for two and a half years. The battery is covered under the 7-year warranty, provided it is maintained according to the specified service plan. I have been thoroughly satisfied with the vehicle. It is remarkably economical to use and maintain; nevertheless, I possess a home charger and benefit from overnight charging at 7p/KwH. If home charging were unavailable, I would purchase a petrol-only vehicle, at least until public charging gets more affordable (the availability of public charging is rather satisfactory currently). Kia continues to produce a substantial number of gasoline-powered vehicles, especially in the pre-owned market.
-
I likely read it too hastily and misinterpreted it as "egg basket".
-
What does the new CX-30 warranty encompass?
colinallcars replied to diablos_carcv5's topic in General Car Chat
I recently acquired a certified pre-owned 2023 CX-30, and the warranty brief explicitly indicates that emergency roadside assistance is included for the duration of the 7-year or 100,000-mile CPO limited powertrain warranty. Towing is specified to the nearest Mazda dealership. I question whether a new vehicle would possess anything inferior. -
In 18 years and 181,000 miles, I have never observed our vehicle performing a regeneration. Original DPF, albeit temperature and pressure sensors have been updated over the years.
-
Specifications for the Toyota 73 Plate 1.8 Excel
colinallcars replied to colinallcars's topic in General Car Chat
Indeed, the vehicle is equipped with a heated steering wheel. We are thoroughly enjoying the vehicle. We hope to avoid the undesirable battery problems. -
Specifications for the Toyota 73 Plate 1.8 Excel
colinallcars replied to colinallcars's topic in General Car Chat
Greetings, everyone. Thank you for the responses. Indeed, it is a late-generation one. I conducted a test drive of a new Generation 2, 24-plate Icon. We were impressed; nonetheless, it was at the upper limit of our budget. I enquired with the salesperson whether it was equipped with both front and back sensors, to which he affirmed positively. We stated that we would contemplate it. After reviewing the specifications, we contacted the salesperson to enquire once more about the sensors. He was resolute that the car was equipped with the sensors. We presumed they had been included as an addition. We proceeded to register. Upon our arrival, we requested him to reverse the vehicle to demonstrate the use of the sensors. Speculate over the matter. Absence of auditory signals or alerts. We refrained from speaking to him. We abandoned him in the vehicle. Departed from the dealership -
Specifications for the Toyota 73 Plate 1.8 Excel
colinallcars replied to colinallcars's topic in General Car Chat
Thank you for your prompt response. I can cease my concerns over the absent features that were unnecessary in the first place, amusingly. Yes, I have linked my phone to my profile. I believe linking to the key would be more advantageous for when my wife drives it to work. It thereafter appears in guest mode. Is it possible to associate her phone with my profile to prevent it from defaulting to guest mode while just my wife is in the vehicle? -
Greetings, everyone. First inquiry. I anticipated the presence of remote climate control on the Toyota app; nevertheless, it is absent. Ought it to be? I also considered linking my profile to the smart key fob. Once more, I am unable to locate that on the MMU. Any feedback would be valued.
