Energy-Recovery Stopping

I have been experimenting with the use of regenerative braking, alternating between low and high settings.

Initially, there was a little adjustment period, but I have developed a strong preference for the high setting. Perhaps it is evoking a sense of indolence inside me, but it is really advantageous to be able to refrain from using the brake pedal, provided that one has the ability to synchronize one's actions appropriately.

I concur. Initially, I had a sense of familiarity with the standard mode, since it resembled the driving experience of my previous vehicle, the CX5 diesel automatic. However, possessing an extensive "coast" resulted in a tendency to apply excessive braking force in close proximity to the ultimate point of cessation as a consequence of miscalculation. Additionally, an unintended consequence of reducing speed prematurely was the occurrence of frequent tailgating.
The experience of almost exclusive reliance on a single pedal for driving has become habitual for me, and I have developed a strong preference for it. The current braking system seems to be more effective in this particular setting.

In my opinion, high regenerative braking does not exhibit a more pronounced deceleration rate compared to the majority of other vehicles, especially manual diesel automobiles, which do not activate the brake lights during this process. Similar to yourself, I engage the accelerator pedal in a cautious manner when another vehicle is in close proximity.