Seeking perspectives - Mazda MX-5 Miata

MDMH757

Fellow Enthusiasts of the Miata Prior to embarking on a comprehensive test drive of Miatas spanning many generations, it is essential to ascertain the manufacturing year that would best accommodate my physical dimensions. I possess a height of 6 feet and 1 inch, accompanied by legs of normal length. I have seen several responses about this matter; thus, I am seeking guidance from the most reliable source. Thank you for your response.

With a height of 6 feet, it is challenging for me to comfortably accommodate myself inside the confines of the third (2006+) and fourth (2016+) generation vehicles. The first two options do not meet my size requirements. During my previous experience operating a 2nd generation vehicle, I found it necessary to contemplate the procedure of depressing the clutch pedal and the subsequent need to manoeuvre my leg in order to navigate around the steering wheel on each occasion. The third and fourth generations exhibit a high degree of cohesion, yet they are still manageable. When the roof is closed, there is contact between my head and the roof.

It has been observed that the dimensions of Miatas seem to be comparatively smaller inside the confines of a showroom environment in contrast to their actual size when driven on the road. On every occasion that I have come close to making a purchase, I find myself remarking inside the confines of the showroom, "The dimensions of this item are insufficient, rendering it impractical for my ownership." On every occasion, I choose to assess the perceived diminutiveness while operating the vehicle. On every occasion, I get immense pleasure from the journey to the extent that when returning, the consideration of distance becomes inconsequential. I am considering the purchase of a vehicle from the 2019 model year or later in the future.

It is probable that you will align with the following two cohorts; but, the intended use of the vehicle may also exert influence. Given my regular commuting needs, the vehicle in question would be insufficiently spacious. I would be able to accommodate the dimensions of a second vehicle.

Other users of the forum who have accumulated a greater number of miles in their Miatas than you have. What are your opinions or perspectives on the matter at hand?

There is no issue or complication. One criticism of the NC is that it is somewhat less firm in comparison to its counterparts. A potential solution involves the installation of enhanced springs and shocks, a modification that I had intended to do on my own vehicle. Unfortunately, I was compelled to sell it in order to get a larger automobile. I had a sense of satisfaction and contentment each time I used my unmodified vehicle. I have a strong sense of nostalgia for that automobile.

The club, while being equipped with updated Bilstein shocks, is nonetheless seen as having a rather low level of stiffness. I had a GT vehicle that was equipped with Bilstein suspension components, and I found it to be satisfactory. It is recommended that one engages in a test drive to assess if the vehicle's suspension is too soft for their preferences. If I were to get another Miata, my preference would likely be another NC model, maybe in club trim, which has a limited-slip differential. The purpose of this choice would be to subsequently install a Flyin' Miata springs and shock combination.