stevenkeyte Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 I am in pursuit of insights from EV3 proprietors. I encountered a discussion in another forum regarding a woman whose new EV3 failed to charge with her single-phase 7.2 kW home charger. I anticipate acquiring a new EV3 next month and am currently experiencing some anxiety. I possess an Ohme ePod charger that delivers 7.2/7.4Kw from a single-phase electrical supply. Are there additional individuals utilising the same configuration to effectively charge an EV3? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DreamCatcher88 Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 I affirm. I have encountered no issues. The EV3 is absent from the roster of officially endorsed models by Ohme. To utilise the economical overnight rate, I configured the Ohme app to increase the charge by 40%. I can augment that to incorporate additional charge, but it will require more time and incur a slightly higher expense. You may also establish a maximum charge limit on the vehicle or via the KIA application. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevenkeyte Posted September 25 Author Share Posted September 25 Thank you, that is a comfort, superior to the evasive responses I was receiving from Kia. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vitessear3 Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 This will not pose an issue. Virtually all residences in the UK utilise single-phase electricity, as three-phase systems are prohibitively costly for domestic use. Thus far, our three electric vehicles have been charging seamlessly on the OHME Home Pro for three years. The primary source of issues with the OHME charger is the connection between the vehicle and the charger through the car application, resulting in a lack of communication between the two. The most prudent recommendation is to refrain from connecting the vehicle application to the charger. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevenkeyte Posted September 25 Author Share Posted September 25 The residence indeed possesses a three-phase supply; however, a limitation in the cable pathway to the charger permitted only the installation of a smaller cable for 7.2Kw, unfortunately. I am accustomed to the absence of a link between the vehicle application and the charging application, so it is not a significant issue. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mrnobady Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 I successfully charged my EV3 utilising the Ohme application and charger without encountering any problems. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevenkeyte Posted September 25 Author Share Posted September 25 I appreciate it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
torque2me Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 For over 18 months, I have owned the EV3. Charge with an Intelligent Octopus The Ohme Epod was never a problem to control. We also have an EV2, which functions with the same level of reliability. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
torque2me Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Ohme+epod+EV+charger&tag=vs-pl-kiaownersclub-co.uk-20&ascsubtag=v1-7e312b-89738-282278235d-k&rel=nofollow&linkCode=gg3&creatorsDisableRedirect=true&ar_su=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fs%3Fascsubtag%3Dv1-7e312b-89738-282278235d-k%26rel%3Dnofollow%26k%3DOhme%2Bepod%2BEV%2Bcharger%26tag%3Dvs- Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevenkeyte Posted September 25 Author Share Posted September 25 I appreciate it. 😇 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.