blueWING007 Posted Thursday at 02:09 PM Share Posted Thursday at 02:09 PM I'm about to lose it. The keyless entry system is inoperable, and the radio is unable to receive a clear signal from any station. On my laptop, I have run ISTA code checks, but no results have been returned. Just so you know, the car's central locking was completely inoperable when I initially purchased it. In order to fix the wiring and get the doors to work, I had to replace the locks. Driving and using the car have been the only activities since then. From always locking at range, to sometimes working, to now not working at all, the only ways to open the door are to use the metal blade, which triggers the alarm, or to press a button inside the car, or to remove the key from its slot. I had the alarm set up to sound an alert when it was activated or disarmed at first. Likewise, that is now ineffective. The key fob is missing a frequency, according to a locksmith. The vehicle seems to be ignoring it. So, when I look at the voltages on the diversity antenna, I see 12v (red with a yellow trace), 4v (yellow with a blue trace), 0v (red with a black trace)—which one is right? Activated wire for cars, etc. With the exception of the aftermarket stereo, the car is completely stock; the central locking system was initially compatible with both the stock and aftermarket stereos. I have taken care of the following... A variety of antennas Wiring for the Boot Hinge (Rear Only) Two ground straps fastened to the boot lid (the ground is linked to the new ground wires and DA nuts). Power source for vehicles Battery for key fob (sends signal) I checked and replaced the fuses. Replacement of door lock actuators Specifically, it is a 2009 LCI 320D E91. Non-comfort access. If needed, I can provide the VIN. I would be eternally grateful for your guidance; I am in dire need of any advice you can provide. It would mean a lot to me if you could correct me or ask me questions because I could be completely wrong. You have my utmost gratitude. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DenishP4 Posted Thursday at 02:09 PM Share Posted Thursday at 02:09 PM In the right boot gaiter, I think there might be a few faulty wires going to the diversity module. I thought you had finished the job, but now it seems to have gone wrong again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
blueWING007 Posted Thursday at 02:10 PM Author Share Posted Thursday at 02:10 PM Yes, it was. The sequence of events was... Purchase vehicle Repair electrical wiring Go for a month's drive? Occasionally securing Not securing Since then, updated... Currently, we have replaced or repaired everything as mentioned earlier and used the voltage figures from earlier. Honestly, I'm at a loss. To be sure my 6th pin/black red wire is supposed to be 0v when the car is sitting idle with nothing on, etc., I would greatly appreciate it if someone with a fully functional E91 could double-check the voltages. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DenishP4 Posted Thursday at 02:10 PM Share Posted Thursday at 02:10 PM Even though my E91 is fully functional, I will not disassemble it to check the voltage while turning off the radio. With the original head unit, amplifiers, etc., I also have. Is the voltage still not being measured when the radio is turned on? After you installed the aftermarket head unit, did you connect this wire to the amp on signal? When you fixed the broken wires before, what colour were they and how did you do it? So, you fixed the four wires inside the gaiter using solder or crimps, or you replaced their entire length so the joins were on opposite sides? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.