Sorento is now serving as an exceptional bar steward.

trikey

Hello, gentlemen and women.

I would really appreciate any assistance with this matter. Although rather verbose, I want to provide you with a comprehensive understanding.

The Sorento has shown impeccable performance over the last four months since its purchase. The vehicle's initial mileage is under 60,000 and it has been well maintained prior to my acquisition. Commences, propels, and executes with freshness on each occasion. Last week, we were required to go to the hospital. Subsequently, the situation escalated significantly.

After about 45 minutes of driving, I arrived at the traffic lights at a roundabout. I departed and travelled around 20 metres when the automobile abruptly ceased its operation. It seemed as if I had deactivated the key. Immediate complete power outage and absence of power control, etc. Fortuitously, I was able to successfully get to a nearby construction site. Upon rotating the key, the vehicle promptly resumed its operation. I made a mistake by assuming that it was likely insignificant.

After driving a further 2 kilometres, I saw the presence of diesel smells emanating from a vehicle ahead of us in the traffic. As we navigated through heavy traffic during rush hour, I became aware that the odour emanated from our vehicle. The power was now out, yet it was still operational. I just want to exit the dual carriageway, and fortunately, there was a service facility in close proximity to the roundabout. I left it running, but later disabled it after identifying the optimal location for the RAC to examine it. Mrs. was transported to the hospital by Uber.

RAC emerged and the individual inquired about the events that transpired. I informed him that he had removed the engine cover, resulting in the release of smoke beyond the first injector. He said that it was a prevalent flaw, tightened it, and it seemed to be satisfactory to proceed. I proceeded to the hospital around 4 miles away without any other occurrences. Upon spending around one hour in the hospital, we were prepared to go on the 40-mile journey back home.

The vehicle travelled about 4 kilometres before switching off once again. On this occasion, it would not initiate again. Paradoxically, some 200 yards away from the location of our breakdown upon the release of the RAC.

The vehicle was successfully returned to the residence. So, that provides a comprehensive overview.

I examined the next day. Upon activating my inexpensive and unpretentious fault code scanner, the following output was generated:

Performance Bank 1 for the P062D Fuel Injector Drive Circuit.

The problem with the fuel injector. This is related to the loose one, so I ensured that all the components were securely fastened, and then measured the resistance at each injector:

The value of 179, whether in ohms or k-ohms, is indeterminate.
Two hundred and ninety-nine.

Therefore, it was determined that the fourth injector was malfunctioning.

I acquired a fresh item the following day and proceeded to fit it. It is not a challenging task, especially for an individual such as me. Rotated the key and, after a few rotations (presumably to remove air from the mechanism), it ignited and emitted a purring sound reminiscent of a cat. The issue has been resolved. Alternatively, I believed.

I embarked on a 5-mile journey and everything was flawless. Upon returning home, I got the Mrs. into the vehicle and proceeded to Tesco, which is conveniently located near a dual road. After a distance of 2 miles, it once again turned off.

After reading on a site about a potential problem with the engine wiring loom, I proceeded to remove the loom and thoroughly inspect it. There are no indications of any harm, grazing, or exposed wires. No. Subsequently, it is stated that a malfunctioning crank sensor will result in a random shutdown. That seemed logical, since I had experienced that earlier in a different vehicle.

I just purchased a new vehicle from Kia for a price of £71, only to subsequently discover the unsatisfactory nature of the work. I will provide instructions on how to accomplish it in another location, in case anybody need it. It is sufficient to have rubber arms and the ability to look around corners.

The first fitting, start, and operation were successful. The situation was quite peculiar. Experienced a few interruptions, but promptly resumed. A little jogging. The injector is being programmed into the ECU this week, but, I have completely lost confidence in the automobile.

Could somebody provide me with any thoughts or suggestions? Is there anything that I am overlooking? While I have a strong affinity for the automobile, I am now seeking a potential substitute due to my urgent need for a dependable vehicle, given the several hospital visits I have yet to make.

Thank you for perusing my narrative and for any assistance you may have.

Could anybody who has a Sorento XM (2009 to 2012) kindly assist me? Could you please go to your vehicle, activate the ignition, start the engine, and inform me of the moment when the immobiliser light illuminates? Immediate? Could you please wait? How rapid.

Next, kindly deactivate the engine while promptly reactivating the ignition without initiating the process. What was the speed at which the immobiliser was reactivated?

Although it may seem little, I have observed that when my vehicle had a stall, the immobiliser light was the only one that illuminated, but only after the engine rpm reached zero. Is it typical for it to occur at that juncture?

The first step to be taken involves inspecting and removing the negative lead to body connection and the body connection on the starting motor lead, since both components are susceptible to corrosion, which is a well-documented issue. Additionally, there is a sensor located at the top of the accelerator pedal. Engine failure may occur either when the engine dies or when the engine is lowered from high speeds.

To enhance clarity, I would appreciate it if you could provide a more precise definition of the term "the body connection on the starter motor lead." You possess two connections. Next, the solenoid plug is followed by the much thicker Power lead. The earthing process involves fastening bolts to the block and then earthing the block. Is my understanding of this process unclear?