Newbie Honda change

nicebubby8

Just a brief hello to everyone. Long-time Honda owner, new horizons 🙂 A little driving history- My first hothatch was a renault19 16v. I liked it. Then I upgraded to a Pug 306 GTI-6, which was a huge improvement that I truly enjoyed. Then I acquired a brand new Honda Civic type-r 2004 cosmic grey pearl. My kid has been with me for 10 years. Sold for the Mazda2 :- I know, right?
 But it's all fine. I just made a down payment on a Mazda3 velocity red 2012/62 plate 1.6D venture with 19k miles to replace my wife's jazz.

So here we are in Mazda land, hoping that it would be as trustworthy as my Hondas. I've owned the Mazda2 for about 18 months and it seems to be in decent condition, so I picked the 3 over the Focus Civic and other options, hoping for the best hehe.

Thank you, and please share pictures of them together when we pick up the three this week.

lol KOOLCAR: did you create that?

@typer2000: I'm in a similar boat, having recently transitioned from two decades of Civic after Civic to my first Mazda, also a 3 (oddly enough, on a 3 forum!). I'm envious that you're receiving yours so quickly; I'm eagerly waiting for mine to arrive from Japan... I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.  

Edited by CelestialSeeker

Oooo, that's interesting; my upbringing was rather like to that. My previous daily driver was a Honda Accord Type R; however, I just upgraded to a Mazda3. My very first vehicle was a Honda Civic Vti with a J-plate.

I made the decision to try out another brand, but I was set on maintaining the dependability of Japanese vehicles, so selecting Mazda was really pretty simple.

I hear you about the Japanese draw, and I hope Mazda doesn't let us down. I'm sometimes tempted to go look around on a Civic website to see how long it will be before a Mazda3-to-Civic conversion comes up, if it ever does. I'm the opposite of you, and even though I've only been on this platform for a couple of months at most, I've been quietly comforted by how many of my countrymen have said the same thing.

I hear what you're saying about the Japanese appeal, and I hope Mazda doesn't let us down! I am occasionally compelled to visit a Civic website to see if and when a Mazda3-to-Civic conversion becomes available. Although I've been on this forum for no more than a couple of months, I've been discreetly reassured by the number of fellow countrymen who have expressed the same opinion.