The presence of oil in the radiator or overflow system is a matter of concern and requires attention.

pharmoun

I am in possession of an 89 Mazda 626 with an automatic transmission and a 2.2L engine, which does not possess a turbocharger. Upon purchasing the vehicle, I made the disconcerting observation of oil presence inside the radiator system.Based on my assumption that the issue lay with the head gasket, I proceeded to replace the gasket, conduct a pressure test on the cylinder head, and afterwards reassemble the components. It is worth noting that despite the absence of any indications of water or coolant contamination in the oil, the engine exhibited satisfactory compression levels and operated rather smoothly. At now, I own a very functional automobile that has undergone repairs, namely the replacement of the head gasket, which has resulted in the presence of oil inside the coolant system. It is important to highlight that the vehicle is functioning well, with a stable temperature and no presence of coolant in the oil. Furthermore, this observation was made two days after the completion of repairs. The oil in the overflow container is not mixed or frothy, and the liquid being discharged from the radiator overflow seems to be rather clean. The auditory perception of fluid being drawn back into the radiator via the top hose suggests the possibility of oil being entrained with the coolant during the cooling process. Assistance in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Typically, in the context of automatic transmissions, the lower section of the radiator is used for the purpose of cooling the transmission fluid. It is possible that the barrier inside your radiator has undergone disintegration, resulting in the intermingling of the two substances. There is a possibility that coolant is infiltrating the transmission system. Kindly inspect the transmission fluid. The vehicle in question exhibits signs of advanced age, necessitating potential replacement of the radiator and transmission fluid.

The transmission fluid seems to be in acceptable condition, and it is worth noting that there is no transmission cooler integrated with the radiator. Although the vehicle is older, it has accumulated a relatively low mileage of 111,000 kilometers. The radiator seems to be in a pristine condition.

Upon careful consideration, I have contemplated the notion of acquiring a new gasket. However, I agree with your assertion that the felpro gasket I previously installed had a striking resemblance to a sheet of grey construction paper.I am planning to remove the intake manifold. Does anybody have suggestions for ensuring a proper seal, such as using an improved gasket or a suitable sealant? I am interested in acquiring a novel and innovative concept at this juncture.

I own a 1996 3.1-liter Chevrolet vehicle that had a complication with the presence of antifreeze within the engine oil. The lower intake gasket and related components were replaced. I used the Felpro gasket in my application. The observed gasket exhibited the presence of red room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) material in its bottom region. This incident occurred some years ago, and there have been no further issues. Additionally, it is worth noting that the cost of the gasket set was $40. In the event of suspecting a compromised head gasket or a warped head, it is advisable to transport the head to a machine shop for further examination and potential rectification. The flatness of the object may be assessed by placing it on a surface plate. It would be advisable to do an inspection for any cracks as well.