This inquiry pertains to the insurance ramifications associated with the installation of 295 30 tires on my E63 S211 vehicle, which is originally equipped with conventional 275 30 tires.

NAVITEL

I acknowledge that the topic I am about to ask may be considered elementary and may have been addressed before. Therefore, I am open to receiving any guidance or suggestions on the matter. Would my insurance policy become void if I were to install wider tires on the current 19-inch rims?
I am contemplating replacing the Continental tires that were installed last year with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires in the size of 295/30. This decision is prompted by the fact that the previously fitted Continental tires have shown inner tread wear after a mileage of 13,000. The vehicle had an inspection of its rear tracking and was found to be in satisfactory condition. However, it is necessary to replace both of the rear tires. Please refer to the accompanying image depicting a single tire that has begun to deteriorate. Based on the information gathered from the forum and many YouTube comparisons, it has been seen that a significant number of respondents favor Michelin tires. One notable difference highlighted in these comparisons is the broader burdened track width of the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires compared to the Continental Sport Contact 2 tires. Consequently, this has influenced my inclination towards opting for the 295 width over the 275 width in the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I am eager to hear about your collective experiences, ideas, or advise. I express my gratitude for your assistance.

In addition to exceeding the maximum width recommended for the conventional rear rim, the use of a tire that is 20mm wider with a profile of 30 will result in an approximate increase of 6mm in the rolling diameter. The potential disparity between the front and back of the vehicle may exceed the tolerance level of the traction control system, hence causing dissatisfaction.

According to established guidelines, it is generally advised against installing a wheels and tires combination that deviates from the acceptable size specified by the automobile manufacturer. In practical words, this implies that the desired size should be explicitly stated as an option in the vehicle's handbook or officially offered as an aftermarket item. However, it is important to note that whatever amount you disclose to your insurance and get acknowledgement for, is considered acceptable in practice.