EnchantedScribe
Members-
Posts
89 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by EnchantedScribe
-
be carefull with the quick changes locations
-
Spotify or Amazon Music CDs. Indeed, I remember them. 🤣🤣 A CD changer may still be available, although I presume...
-
Vehicle Fails to Start - No Cranking Action
EnchantedScribe replied to QuirkyPixel's topic in General Car Chat
Accessing the solenoid wire in the E-box is possible without removing the undertray; however, I cannot recall the specific plug required. It is located inside the harness that connects to the gearbox, which is all I can remember. Unless it is an early model engine, which has a plug connected to the DPF sensors that extends to the starter. -
Vehicle Fails to Start - No Cranking Action
EnchantedScribe replied to QuirkyPixel's topic in General Car Chat
It is possible, but it requires more momentum than that of fuel. -
Vehicle Fails to Start - No Cranking Action
EnchantedScribe replied to QuirkyPixel's topic in General Car Chat
The solenoids I have encountered just failed, producing no noise or any other indications of malfunction. Identical if the grounding strap had fractured. -
Vehicle Fails to Start - No Cranking Action
EnchantedScribe replied to QuirkyPixel's topic in General Car Chat
Ground strap for the nearside engine mount bracket to the chassis. Instruct your assistance to begin the process while you monitor the voltage at the starting solenoid; it may just be a defective starter. I have had many N47 engines failing unexpectedly in the past. -
W164 as an all-terrain vehicle.
EnchantedScribe replied to WhisperingWillow's topic in General Car Chat
Land Cruiser is a game changer -
great thank you
-
The M57 is an excellent engine; consistently doing oil changes at 6,000 to 7,000 miles will ensure its longevity. Mine is at 200,000 and lovely. The automatic gearbox should be OK; nonetheless, it is advisable to get it serviced unless you possess documentation indicating recent maintenance. Everything else is standard to monitor.
-
If you purchased a new vehicle and plan to use the same dealership, there is a possibility that you may negotiate a low-cost installation with them. I estimate they would likely charge one hour each set, which, at US shop rates, would approximate $300 excluding tax and shop fees. That is not inexpensive and is an expense I would not incur. If they indicated a price of $150 or less, it may be reasonable; nevertheless, I am sceptical that you will encounter that amount. I put front and rear splash guards on my 2023 model, anticipating a straightforward bolt, snap, clip, and go process, similar to my experiences with previous vehicles. Not at all. Yet another unnecessarily complex approach that Mazda seems to adopt. Fortunately, I had access to the jacknut tool, which simplified the process; nonetheless, I still needed to remove all four wheels, drill the requisite holes, install the jacknuts, and secure them with clips and bolts. In the absence of the jacknut tool, you will likely resort to other methods (dual wrenches), which may potentially damage your inner wheel liner. This raises the inquiry of "is it truly worthwhile?".
-
NP Boosted air filters specifically designed for V10 engines.
EnchantedScribe replied to mrnobady's topic in General Car Chat
Thank you for being vigilant. One of my biggest dislikes is the imposition of excessive taxes on components that are much cheaper on other marketplaces. -
NP Boosted air filters specifically designed for V10 engines.
EnchantedScribe replied to mrnobady's topic in General Car Chat
Will they be lubricated or unlubricated? -
How can the IQ be computed accurately if the maf sensor is not taken into account for off boost control? When the boost is increased, the fueling may be adjusted based on the load and the map can be used to ensure that there is enough boost without exceeding the desired limit (overboost). It is likely unnecessary to modify the map signal, however you may just decrease the maf signal with a resistor to see if this would mitigate the excessive fueling. If such is the case, you may use an Arduino or a comparable device to readjust the maf.
-
It is rather evident, isn't it? When the engine is not in boost mode, the electronic control unit (ECU) uses the air mass data from the mass air flow (MAF) sensor to determine the injection quantity (IQ). Decreasing the signal will result in a reduction in the fueling. A weak maf signal is a well known factor that may lead to suboptimal performance. However, in this particular situation, you can use it to your benefit. During periods of increased boost, the MAP sensor is used more often than the MAF sensor due to the latter's limited ability to function throughout a broad range of air flow. (often, there is an abundance of air present) Attempt it.
-
Indeed, the issue I previously highlighted occurs prior to the boost reaching a sufficient level to provide the air required for fuel consumption. In addition to issues with smoke and unburned gasoline, an oversupply of fuel may also lead to turbo lag due to its cooling effect on the exhaust. When greater flow injectors were installed on the old Rover's with a VP37 pump, a lower output MAF was also installed to regulate the excessive fueling at low rpm. This might potentially be a viable solution.
-
This formula promotes excessive fueling without boost, resulting in the production of smoke, oil contamination with diesel, and low fuel efficiency. In the past, there were a limited number of businesses capable of calibrating the electronic control unit (ECU), which is mostly integrated inside the pump.
-
Indeed, I had Total Commander installed on my mobile device, which had the capability to do the desired task.
-
Regrettably, the functionality is not compatible with my phone due to Android 14's limitation on accessing the data folder. In order to acquire access, it is necessary for me to download an application from a source other than the official one. It would be more convenient if the PDFs were directly put in the designated download location.
-
I am also experiencing a lack of success. On my Android device, I am able to access the service history and start the download process. However, I am unable to locate the downloaded file on my phone or send it via email or print it. Therefore, it is essentially trapped inside the application.
-
Inquiry about Dongar adapter and hardwiring
EnchantedScribe replied to Rudy7831's topic in General Car Chat
Since the Dongar device draws electricity from the rear view mirror, which is only active when the ignition is on, the Parking mode will not function. -
Comparison between GR Sport Ride and Excel
EnchantedScribe replied to EnchantedScribe's topic in General Car Chat
Thank you both for your responses, I much appreciate them. I own a Peugeot 405 estate for an extended period of time and had a strong affection for it. -
Comparison between GR Sport Ride and Excel
EnchantedScribe replied to EnchantedScribe's topic in General Car Chat
Was the GR Sport still comfy for you? Is the handling much superior than that of Excel? Did you also perceive a significant difference in speed between the 2L and the 1.8L, as it seemed to be a stark contrast to me? -
Comparison between GR Sport Ride and Excel
EnchantedScribe replied to EnchantedScribe's topic in General Car Chat
Evidently, the GR is equipped with somewhat distinct springs and has a little reduced height compared to the other models in the range. I am curious to see whether this variation significantly affects the quality of the ride. -
I am considering between the late GR Sport or Excel version. Did anybody see the ride quality of the GR Sport as excessively rigid? I have operated the GR, but I have not yet used the Excel. What really amazed me about the GR was the 2L engine, which was far more powerful than my recollection of the 1.8L engine. Additionally, I believe the handling of the GR was somewhat superior.
-
Hey everyone, just out of curiosity, what is the deciding reason for having the side vents surrounding the engine glass in either grey or black? I am referring to the slender bands that extend along the whole length of the rear engine window. I am unable to see any pattern or logic behind it. The vents of all the V8's I have seen are black in colour. I have seen many V10 vehicles equipped with both light grey and black vents. I am curious about the reason for this. Expressing gratitude.
