Jump to content

rab60bit88

Members
  • Posts

    182
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rab60bit88

  1. Once again, Nick Mason, the drummer and founding member of Pink Floyd, displays several vehicles from his collection on his lawn, allowing us to approach them closely without any barriers or protective ropes, even around his Ferraris, one of which is valued at over £40 million. The event is casual, featuring food, art, and music; nevertheless, based on my experience, I recommend attending on Saturday and arriving early. Last year, traffic on the sole road adjacent to Middlewick Lane was exceedingly congested, prompting numerous individuals to execute U-turns to evade it. I am concerned that this may eventually necessitate the relocation of the event, which would be regrettable. I acknowledge that sharing it here may exacerbate the traffic situation! 😄 However, it is all for a commendable purpose.
  2. Greetings, I own my key within a Faraday pouch; nevertheless, I have activated a feature in the vehicle that allows the door to unlock upon the driver's approach and to lock when the driver departs. Even with my usual key in the pouch, the door unlocks as I approach my car. Does this imply that the Faraday pouch is ineffective? The vehicle continues to detect the signal. Or is it an alternative signal for initiating the vehicle? Can thieves still perceive that signal? Thank you.
  3. Smart tops provide extensive guidance for DIY installation; nonetheless, I acknowledge that some individuals may lack the necessary skills or materials to undertake the task independently.
  4. Exactly, I have a usb stick with 200 albums on, whole artwork attached, used it in my previous 3 autos. (Jaguar, Mazda, Kia).
  5. Chrome polish is effective if the condition is not severely compromised and is cost-effective. Apply masking tape to the bodywork.
  6. I am uncertain about the A-Class; but, for the C-Class, the 7G+ gearbox requires servicing every 77,500 miles or every 5 years, whichever occurs first.
  7. It is certain that only MB STAR will do the task. However, if the garage proposed to execute a gearbox software upgrade, he would probably want a genuine MB STAR scanner. Did he propose that the vehicle be transported to a dealer for the software update? Generally, the common problems include inadequate service (a 2014 vehicle should have had the ATF replaced twice, first in 2019 and again in 2024) or a defective gearbox control unit (TCU). However, there may be further complications.
  8. Is the engine coolant temperature much lower than the optimal range? Is the temperature indication on the dashboard capped at a lower level than previously? If such is the case, you likely want a new coolant temperature control device, often referred to by seasoned individuals as a thermostat.
  9. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GZHBBZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  10. I deemed this one to be the most exquisite. It is constructed from metal rather than plastic, and its thin design minimises obstruction of your license plate.
  11. They own the key; nevertheless, for £35, I hope it proves to be more durable than the eBay alternative, since the force required for insertion damaged the eBay key.
  12. At some time, a locking wheel bolt has been excessively tightened. Consequently, I have misplaced the locking wheel key. I purchased a non-genuine locking wheel nut key from eBay, and the effort required to turn it severely damaged the key. The response on the eBay profile was mostly good, with several thousand keys sold. Is there any information on the strength of authentic BMW locking wheel nut keys? I prefer not to squander funds that may be allocated to a garage capable of removing them. Once removed, it will be replaced with standard bolts. Additionally, is it advisable to use an unlocker spray before takeoff?
  13. Consider three varieties of grommets; a visual representation of their locations would be beneficial.
  14. Yes, I have enquired, but they do not seem to own it.
  15. Yes. if they are less expensive elsewhere.
  16. I need a comprehensive steering hose system for my 2010 E-Class 350 A207. Do you have any suggestions for a place to get one?
  17. Perhaps grasping at straws, but did you let it to remain for an hour before adjusting your pressures? It is advisable to establish them in a chilly state. Continuously monitor for any authentic air loss, since it may occur during a tire replacement if there is rust on the rear of the rim obstructing a proper seal.
  18. Request breakdown help or continue driving until the notification reappears, then contact for breakdown assistance. This has been referenced several times in this discussion; nonetheless, here it is for your convenience: 00800 17777777
  19. I believe I registered for Nav updates alerts via the Naviextras website. I cannot recall the precise method I used, but it was certainly unrelated to the Toolbox. Enquire with your dealer, as they may elucidate the process for registering for these alerts.
  20. I do, but, they consistently lag many weeks behind the updates on the Naviextras website.
  21. According to Mazda's specs, it should be possible to get a battery with much more capacity that can fit into the available area. Conduct internet research on many battery manufacturers and dealers. The Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) of the typical battery in the USA is insufficient at 525. Choose a battery with a minimum Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) rating of 650, according to the US standard. My device malfunctioned in January 2024, after about one year and five months, due to a prolonged period of very low temperatures in New Jersey. Additionally, please verify whether there are any devices that use the battery's power, such as a dashcam that remains operational even when the vehicle is not in use.
  22. When faced with circumstances like yours, it is sometimes essential to first restore the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) to its original equipment (OE) image and then proceed with diagnosing the issue.
  23. Retrieve information by doing a search using the Google search engine. These items can certainly be found...
  24. If you want to make a wise investment in a reliable scan tool, I highly recommend considering Ross-Tech: Home. They provide the only instrument that is really effective, and they provide worldwide shipping. These individuals have successfully deciphered the VAG codes, making these VCDS scanners on par with the original factory equipment. The faults can only be identified by doing a thorough scan of the automobile. Otherwise, you will waste a significant amount of money by replacing components unnecessarily.
×
×
  • Create New...