trikey
Members-
Posts
104 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by trikey
-
I value your counsel, and I asked this issue because I came across a passage in the BMW service handbook, namely on page 34 of the engine management section. Adjusting the Injector During the manufacturing process of the injectors, a vast amount of measurement data is collected at precise locations inside the plant. The tolerance limits for injector-quantity adjustment are established and stated using a six-digit number combination. Injector voltage adjustment includes information on the lift performance of the injector. Injector adjustment is necessary due to the distinct voltage requirements of each piezo actuator. An allocation is assigned to a voltage demand category, which is included into the numerical combination on the injector. The ECM receives and processes these data elements. These measurements are used to correct for any discrepancies in the metering and switching efficiency during engine operation. Note: When changing an injector, it is absolutely necessary to perform an injector adjustment. Any more feedback would be much welcomed.
-
The report is intriguing and commendable. I own a 2017 W222 S350D, and it is causing me to contemplate the potential challenges that may lie ahead. What portion of the expenses you had were allocated to bringing it up to an optimal condition from the beginning of your ownership, as opposed to tasks that were necessary at a later time?
-
The air conditioning unit, model C205, abruptly ceased functioning.
trikey replied to VVC-Geeza's topic in General Car Chat
We are in close proximity to your location in the vicinity of Wokingham. My spouse had her previous SLK inspected and refilled with petrol by a skilled local individual. We are now attempting to ascertain the identity of the individual responsible, since my Alfa Romeo vehicle requires inspection due to the continuous use of the engine fan, which suggests a potential air conditioning malfunction, as verified by my diagnostic code reader. Once I successfully extract from her the identity and whereabouts of the person, I will provide an update on this platform. -
It is advisable to charge more often up to 80%.
trikey replied to Treeri's topic in General Car Chat
-
It is advisable to charge more often up to 80%.
trikey replied to Treeri's topic in General Car Chat
Significant advancements have been made in understanding battery performance in recent years. However, despite these improvements, experts acknowledge that there is still a considerable amount of knowledge yet to be acquired. This reminds me of a speech by Donald Rumsfeld, the former US Defence Secretary, where he confidently discussed the known and unknown aspects of a subject. Impressive speech that thoroughly bewildered the audience, providing just a glimpse of its full content. -
It is advisable to charge more often up to 80%.
trikey replied to Treeri's topic in General Car Chat
It is intriguing to determine the precise charging regimen that is most favourable. However, based on my experience with different battery types such as those used for tools, lawnmowers, electric bikes, and phones, I have come to believe that maintaining the charging levels between 20% and 80% whenever feasible offers the greatest likelihood of achieving a prolonged and beneficial lifespan. Apple has included selectable charging choices on the iPhone 15 Pro. One option limits the charging to 80%, while another option, called 'Optimum', mostly follows the 80% charging regime but allows the device to charge beyond that, up to 100%, as it deems necessary. When the screen metre reaches 20%, I typically charge the gadget. However, if it is late in the day, I like to wait until the following morning to charge it, since I avoid leaving batteries charging inside overnight. I have transitioned from consistently powering down my phone throughout the night to opting for Aeroplane mode, which allows my watch to track my sleep patterns when I want to observe them. While visiting a cycling forum during the early stages of Ebikes' development, there were several debates on the 20%-80% charging regime. Some individuals argued that the battery chargers were sophisticated enough to consider 0%-100% as really being 20%-80%. I have always been sceptical about the truth of that statement, but it is irrelevant since not all charges possess the same qualities or capabilities. -
Windscreen wiper making contact with the frame
trikey replied to MDMH757's topic in General Car Chat
Could you provide a few photographs for us? One object is located in the initial location and is stored there, while the second object is located at the moment it makes contact with the frame. -
Many systems depend on just one or two sensors, so if one of them fails, all the systems that rely on it will generate alerts, which may be rather alarming. I am aware that when many warning lights illuminate simultaneously, it is quite unlikely that all of those components have malfunctioned simultaneously. Therefore, I would speculate that the issue is with the rear driver's side wheel speed/ABS sensor.
-
Could someone identify the illuminated button for me?
trikey replied to MotoGravity's topic in General Car Chat
Yes. Without a doubt, it is the Information Security Group (ISG). We have installed it on our Picanto, however we have received conflicting information on its effectiveness. -
Enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) into a Mercedes VIN decoder tool, which will provide comprehensive information on the automobile.
-
Assistance needed with 2016 BMW M4 exhaust emitting white smoke.
trikey replied to peakroach's topic in General Car Chat
Turbo. -
Thank you, the Advanti Racing "Hybris" wheel is both lightweight and affordable. Regrettably, the largest available size for the 19" tyre is 19x9.5.
-
I asked my brother-in-law to use Photoshop to modify the wheels from my previous BMW to resemble those of the R8, in order to visualise how they would seem. I must admit, I am rather pleased with the outcome.
-
Problems with remote control or key fob
trikey replied to honeycut_mazda5's topic in General Car Chat
I have previously changed the battery when my device began experiencing similar problems. While I was travelling, I was concerned, but the batters proved to be effective. Furthermore, the age of the batteries remains uncertain. -
While this statement is true in some situations, it may not hold true in others. The competence, attention, and expense of independent experts that specialise in certain automobile brands may also vary, and in some regions, their availability is limited. I recommend selecting based on reputation, personal experience, and quotations that include a detailed breakdown of age and mileage-related components for comparable repairs.
-
Sorento is now serving as an exceptional bar steward.
trikey replied to trikey's topic in General Car Chat
To enhance clarity, I would appreciate it if you could provide a more precise definition of the term "the body connection on the starter motor lead." You possess two connections. Next, the solenoid plug is followed by the much thicker Power lead. The earthing process involves fastening bolts to the block and then earthing the block. Is my understanding of this process unclear?
