DreamCatcher88 Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 Although R129 Hardtops are not uncommon, I have yet to encounter one resembling this Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DreamCatcher88 Posted September 15 Author Share Posted September 15 https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/mercedes-benz-r-129-sl-300-320-500-hardtop-elektrisch-schiebedach/3507450791-223-1743?utm_source=sharesheet&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
norbury.brook Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 I have neither encountered nor observed this previously... I would speculate it is a type of aftermarket modification. Certainly, the hardtop already has power for the heated rear window, making it quite simple to tap into that source. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ken_Lion Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 It was an exceptionally uncommon dealer-installed feature on a W113 Pagoda. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ken_Lion Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 https://cars.bonhams.com/auction/30558/lot/146/1967-mercedes-benz-250sl-convertible-chassis-no-113043-10-001654-engine-no-129982-10-000890/#photos Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
torque2me Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 Quite captivating! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WanderlustGuru Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 I appreciate you sharing this information; I was previously unaware of their existence. I have observed a custom-built version resembling a "Webasto" style, created by the proprietor. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WanderlustGuru Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 The identical hue might render yours an even more exceptional specimen… although I do not wish to urge you to expend your hard-earned resources. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.