norbury.brook
Members-
Posts
97 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by norbury.brook
-
2016 W213 E-Class microphone is very silent.
norbury.brook replied to norbury.brook's topic in General Car Chat
I will attempt that; is it located near the sun visor? Is it a little circular one or is it located in the central light dome? -
Greetings, everyone. Collected the vehicle yesterday; everything is OK, and I am enjoying the driving experience, with several aspects to navigate! Nonetheless, it presents a singular challenge... Initiate an outbound call, either by standard Bluetooth or via Android Auto, and the other party is unable to hear me? The volumes seem to be elevated in the menus, and the audio is transmitted clearly; nonetheless, it is characterised by a muffled quality, interspersed with brief moments of clarity lasting a second or two, before reverting to muffled sound. When I gently rotate my head, they are unable to hear me whatsoever. I suspect this is a microphone issue; but, I saw some comments about a software update on Command that individuals said may have created a problem. Does anybody have any solutions before I return to the dealership? Has anybody else had this issue and resolved it?
-
I activated the button - New F31 owner (to me)
norbury.brook replied to Treeri's topic in General Car Chat
I presume rear-wheel drive? The transfer box oil also need servicing.Tyres are a critical consideration if it is an xDrive vehicle.Although you do not mention it, enjoy the vehicle; I had an R31 330d xDrive for 18 months, and my nephew now has it. -
Regrettably, I own just the housing, not the fan. The clutch seems to be sold separately from the fan upon purchase.I must remove the old component to see if the issue is with the clutch or the fan itself.
-
Thank you for that. Could you elaborate? Is it not feasible to detach the fan from the water pump for whatever reason?
-
I own a viscous clutch-driven fan connected to the water pump. I am uncertain if the issue is inside the plastic fan or the clutch component. Removal is necessary for observation. Any insights about these kind of fans would be welcomed! I have ordered a locking tool and a spanner, and I understand that it is undone by turning clockwise; that is the extent of my knowledge. Salutations
-
I seem to own the variant that is affixed to the water pump. I will do more investigation. Thank you, I will.
-
Thank you for that information. I will attempt to locate a tutorial video. Both vehicles are diesel; the 320d from which I removed several components, and my current vehicle, the 330d. I will be able to compare after the old one is removed. Thank you one again.
-
I have just completed the front bearing installation. I started the vehicle with the hood up, and when shutting it off, I noticed the fan emitting a growling noise while decelerating. There is considerable play in the fan. Is it sufficiently clear for replacement? Would an Andante chance for a 320d constitute a straight exchange? I own one already. Your guidance is once again valued!
-
Inquiry Concerning BMW Locking Wheel Nuts
norbury.brook replied to rab60bit88's topic in General Car Chat
You may find success with a dealer, since they often own a variety of keys to unlock lockers. Once removed, dispose of them in the garbage and install standard bolts. -
Engine initiated system cleansing
norbury.brook replied to EtherealWanderer's topic in General Car Chat
No fresh developments exist. Most dealers possess less knowledge than individuals on specialised forums. -
Only if sufficiently resurfaced to need a larger gasket. An large gasket on a stock component reduces the compression ratio. Utilising bigger or thinner head gaskets is a traditional technique among hot rodders to slightly adjust compression levels. Most resurfaces do not need a bigger head gasket unless there was significant warping initially. The company will only remove the necessary amount to restore the surface to its original state. Most need simply a few thousand. Your shop should inform you of the amount they removed, and then you may determine whether a larger gasket is necessary. The primary issue with standard rebuilds and the need for bigger gaskets is the space between the valves and pistons. A few thousand off the top will be inconsequential in that regard. BMW designates the oversized gasket as +0.300 large. In machining terminology, it is an excessive quantity of material to eliminate only to align the head. If they had to remove such a significant amount from the head, I would seek a replacement, since it indicates substantial abuse or improper handling during removal, such as failure to adhere to the correct torque pattern during installation or removal. Such extensive removal usually occurs when both the head and the block have been resurfaced.
-
Refer to my linked topic for the replacement of the core plug. Popped core plugs in that location on N12 vehicles is not an unusual occurrence. Failed head gaskets are uncommon, however possible.
-
I imported it from the UK. I am in Canada, and there are no sources available here either. It is a European phenomenon.
-
Install piston rings, replace valve seals, and lap the valves. Contemplate replacing the oil pump drive chain concurrently. The cost of doing this maintenance will not decrease, especially when the components are already disassembled, since these elements are crucial for a N12 to achieve a further 75,000 to 100,000 miles with little complications. BMW specified a low friction ring set and ultimately produced an unusual segmented oil control ring. It excessively bypasses oil, damaging valves, carbonising ports, and destroying catalytic converters. To ensure longevity, refine the bores and install a set of traditional three-piece rings. These engines operate at elevated temperatures. And I mean very hot. 105 degrees Celsius is the standard operating temperature. They do it for emissions and miles per gallon. However, it causes the valve seals to harden prematurely, necessitating their replacement everytime the engine is disassembled. The increased thermal output necessitates that your cooling system operates at full capacity consistently. Replace any accessible components of the cooling system. The ACC drive is unique and has its own complications. I replaced all components except the alternator pulley. WP, WP rubberised pulley, tensioner/jockey wheel, and belt. It is worthwhile since re-entering the engine area is quite cumbersome due to its confined space. At a minimum, secure that core plug inside the timing chain tunnel. The N12 is equipped with a timing chain rather of a belt. There are two Vano sprockets at the end of each camshaft. They must be replaced with the timing chain gear; otherwise, they will accelerate the wear of the new chain. Utilise only name brand components such as OEM, FAI, or Febi. The timing chain mechanism is inherently flawed; it is not advisable to economise by using inferior components.
-
The failure rate of the M272 is around 2%. The engine management light will illuminate to indicate a malfunction. "If it isn't broken, do not attempt to repair it."
-
2008 3.0 TDI Quattro rear subframe
norbury.brook replied to MidnightMarauder's topic in General Car Chat
Was the 2014 subframe compatible? -
Understood. Thank you, SD1too. I attempted to disconnect the device last night, as recommended by Dodpops, to see whether it would ameliorate the problem. However, the cold start issue persisted, although I speculate there may have been a marginal improvement, maybe a product of my wishful thinking. However, it still would not maintain idle without raising the RPMs to around 1200-1500. Should I have obtained a more conclusive outcome by disconnecting it and attempting a cold start? My gratitude extends to both of you.
-
Indeed, he enjoys it as well! He was utterly astonished. The W202 models are very robust. Front and side airbags are present, the air conditioning effectively clears the glass, and the A-pillars on the W202 are rather small, resulting in minimal blind spots. Additionally, it implies that he will experience my W202 C36, therefore increasing the likelihood of retaining it within the family in the future. Thus, not entirely altruistic motivations! He has just turned 16, therefore qualifying for junior AA membership (there is no RAC in New Zealand). However, I do not believe they provide a solution to rectifying this flaw.
-
Greetings, everyone. I apologise if this topic has been already addressed: I just purchased a 1998 W202 C200 (m111 engine) for my son as his first automobile for his birthday, aiming to instill brand loyalty early, so he would not sell my old Mercedes after my passing. During cold start, it operates very unevenly and fails to maintain idle. It is necessary to manipulate the throttle to achieve approximately 1500 rpm to maintain operation until the engine temperature reaches around 60 degrees Celsius, at which point it operates smoothly. However, at maximum throttle during kickdown to first gear on the open road, it exhibits roughness and intermittent clearing, contingent upon the precise throttle position within the 75-100% range (ideally, he will remain unaware of this full throttle issue and will not reach that state). However, I saw this during the test drive while inspecting it, which led me to consider the throttle body potentiometer or a related component. I am uncertain if this is related to the cold start warm-up defect mentioned before, but this is the issue I am more concerned about resolving before I hand it over to him. It is a New Zealand new specification vehicle, hence it will possess the same emissions equipment as a UK new model, since I have seen that they generally share the same specifications. Best wishes, and I hope the weather is beginning to improve in Britain. Thank you.
-
Did my lack of consideration result in the impossibility of removing them entirely?
-
Does anybody own the knowledge on how to detach the headrests located in the third row? The obstruction of visibility from the rear is severe.
