I need an additional key for my BMW 22 840i vehicle.

EtherealWanderer

Individuals,

Is it feasible to get a brand-new key fob on the online marketplace eBay and thereafter have it programmed and cut at an authorised dealership?

There are uncut keys available for purchase at a price of $45 each. I am wondering whether it is possible to programme an uncut key and thereafter proceed with cutting it at a later time.

The consistent observation I have made across several online discussions pertaining to the automobiles I have personally owned is that dealerships are often unwilling and unable to programme a key fob purchased from eBay. It is my opinion that the programming of the fob is not performed by the dealer, but rather by BMW. Urban legends suggest that the act of hacking may be accomplished by those with advanced skills in the field, provided that one is able to locate such individuals. However, it is widely accepted that dealerships are often considered the primary and most reliable source for obtaining new keys.

Remove all keys from the vehicle and ensure that they are positioned outside the effective range. Depress the start/stop button in order to prompt the display to indicate the absence of a remote key. Promptly position the recently acquired fob in close proximity to the key symbol located on the steering column, followed by the actuation of the start/stop button. Continuously engage the start/stop function until the diagnostic mode is visibly activated. I am prepared.

I would like to express my apologies. The aforementioned information was obtained from the International Society of Automotive Technicians and pertains to the need of obtaining a new key specifically linked to the vehicle identification number (VIN) of a BMW automobile. I failed to comprehend the information pertaining to eBay keys.

The individual in question may be classified as either a dealer or a highly skilled professional hacker, capable of nullifying the legitimacy of an eBay merchant. As previously indicated, the remote has a transponder that is programmed with a 128-bit encryption particular to the vehicle identification number (VIN) and only known by BMW. This encryption is written to many modules inside the system.

A novel remote control device is manufactured, including the aforementioned stored information, along with the inclusion of a bladder incision to accommodate the mechanical key. The Electronic Warfare System (EWS) component of the key, which initiates immobilisation, is a non-modifiable process that is specific to the corresponding modules.The communication from the key to the DME and the necessary modules/components for vehicle ignition is facilitated by the use of induction. One possible method to activate the vehicle's ignition system without the battery in the remote is by positioning the remote in close proximity to the ring antenna located inside the steering column.

The use of the battery inside the key fob is attributed to the remote's central locking and comfort access functionalities. The RF (radio frequency) signal is responsible for transmitting electricity to the car's aerials, enabling the locking and unlocking of the vehicle.

To get an extra or new remote, it is advisable to approach the parts department of a BMW dealership and submit an order via the appropriate channels. This approach minimises the risk of incurring financial and temporal losses associated with purchasing a compromised remote control device.