Jump to content

honeycut_mazda5

Members
  • Posts

    249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by honeycut_mazda5

  1. In late June, I leased a brand new 2026 Mazda CX-90 PHEV Premium Sport AWD. Upon handling it, I detected a rough, sandpaper-like texture on some areas of the exterior paint; however, it was not apparent when exposed to direct sunlight. It was first explained by the vendor as transportation protective film residue. I took it back to the dealer a few weeks later, and their paint expert finally agreed that there are a lot of tiny bubbles, pinholes, and other flaws in the paint and clearcoat. There are dozens of flaws per square inch in some spots, and they're visible in some lights and when you touch them. It seems like the hood, front fenders, bumper/trim, and maybe even both front doors are in the path of the damage. The dealership first stated they would not recommend painting a brand-new car. The current plan from Mazda is to have a certified body shop repaint the entire front end—fenders, hood, bumper, and trim—as part of the warranty repair. The dealer stated that they do not have any control over the matter as Mazda has the final say. My main worry is that this is a completely new, accident-free car that needs a lot of body and paint work done. Since it is a leased vehicle, I am also worried that the repair may lower its value or cause me problems when my lease is up. Does anyone else have experience with major paint defects on a CX-90 from the factory? Did Mazda or the dealer figure out what was causing them? If so, what repair were they able to do, and how long did it last? This is excessive for a brand-new vehicle, even though I adore the vehicle. My first option would have been to return it and get a replacement from Mazda, but they aren't going to do that. If anyone has experienced this problem with a brand new leased CX-90, I would greatly appreciate hearing from them.
  2. Apologies, but I am aware that this topic has been discussed before, in 2025. Curious if anyone has heard anything new? Twenty-four CX90s, 17,000km. brought to a nearby mechanic for evaluation. He claimed that both tires were nearly flat. Got in touch with the dealership and Mazda headquarters via phone calls. Everyone is aware of this issue, and they both think $18,000 is too little. HQ informed me that tires have provisions, but they were unable to provide me with any details. Next week, the dealer will review them and send something to headquarters to be resolved. What I've been reading about "new upgraded Falkens" has me wondering if that's what it will be. Has anyone heard anything unusual? Much obliged.
  3. long shot, but don't use the wheel controls to lower the volume; instead, use the silver roller volume on the center console.It appears to be the master volume, at least to me. that you should give it a go.
  4. The door does not unlock merely by approaching the vehicle. It has consistently necessitated a contact, either via the keyfob or by placing fingers on the interior of either front exterior door handle, without making contact with the outer surface of the handle.
  5. Sure, I understand. Would that there be no technical difficulties? Yeah, I've always made sure to take care of my cars before they were due for servicing. I am now changing the oil and filter on my ev5k. Flush the brakes, etc. Adore the ride! Your expertise is much appreciated. Wishing you the best!
  6. It's for the 3.3L turbo 6-cylinder engine, thank you.
  7. It is really appreciated. By the way, has the mild hybrid battery ever given you any trouble? I absolutely adore my brand new SPP that I purchased in October 2024. It has 50,000 miles on the odometer and the dealer had to replace the mild hybrid battery, but it was a reconditioned one. Other than that, the car is great. However, moving forward, any engine maintenance will incur significant costs due to the fact that everything is located on the engine's underside.
  8. NGK 6619 Iridium Spark Plugs LFR6AIX-11 - 6 PCS *NEW* by NGK : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive
  9. Please tell me the correct NGK component number for these spark plugs; I can't seem to find a way to compare the OEM Mazda plug to any NGK product or receive accurate information.
  10. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2025/MC-11019988-0001.pdf
  11. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10244583-0001.pdf
  12. The NHTSA website has the TSB for the CX-70/90. The CX-60 probably isn't different.
  13. It is doable, and when I remember to do it, it works well.
  14. When using Google Maps for "typing," the knob isn't accessible, but voice input is reliable.
  15. It may be rail dust, which is evident on white cars and is frequent with Mazda. To remove it, a clay bar is required. You now know the answer if it is compatible with clay.
  16. Make sure there is no damage if the lug nuts are loose enough to make a noise. To ensure that the wheel holes have not been chewed up or ovalled, remove each wheel that is affected and inspect all of the studs.
  17. Adapts its speed to that of the car? Everything from the wheels and axles to the brakes, differential, driveshaft and gearbox is part of the drivetrain. I would highly recommend towing. In the event that an issue arises, the dealer will not be able to blame you for driving recklessly or making matters worse. (I wouldn't take the chance that they may, but it doesn't mean they definitely would.) It may be something as insignificant as an object caught in a moving component. A steel cable got stuck on my wife's driveshaft years ago when she was passing over something. Out of nowhere, "thump thump, thump"—exactly as you said. I don't know what the odds of that happening again are, but here's hoping it's something nearly that easy for you.
  18. I spotted two 2023 CX30 Preferred models that came with a sunroof credit, which means they are preferred packages without a sunroof, when I was shopping around for my new car in January of that year, during a parts scarcity.
  19. Excuse me, but no. As near as I can tell, the front radar failed to pick up any objects. And it was a sunny day, too. As far as anyone can tell, it only occurred once. I am unsure as to whether your problem would trigger any codes or not. It might be a good thing to look into.
  20. There are no outstanding recalls on this vehicle, according to my pre-purchase check of the vehicle identification number on Mazda's website. Carfax also shows that routine maintenance was done. I took a chance and had it done after purchase, while the vehicle was still under warranty, because a licensed Mazda dealer was booked for two weeks before I ever made the purchase.
  21. purchased a pre-owned 2025 CX-90 MHEV (not certified pre-owned) from a dealership that is not affiliated with Mazda. When I bought the automobile, it had approximately 27,000 miles on the odometer and was built in July 2024. I'd like to bring it in for an examination at an authorised Mazda dealer, even though I've put an extra 1,000 miles on it since purchasing it and haven't seen any problems yet (apart from the brakes screeching every so often). I am crossing my fingers that Mazda will pay to fix it as it is still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty and any problems that haven't shown up yet can be discovered with a comprehensive inspection. Since I haven't detected any problems (apart from the brake squeal), I'm wondering what the best course of action is. In order to have it towed to the dealership for a comprehensive inspection, do I need to "make up an issue"? Or should I simply bring it in and explain that I didn't buy it from a Mazda dealer and that it needs a thorough check (basically the same kind of inspection a CPO gets)? Additionally, is there anything unique about my year, manufacture, and construction date that the dealer should be aware of? I am grateful.
×
×
  • Create New...