The suggested daily battery charge level for the CX-60 Phev is as follows

Greetings, everybody. I just acquired a brand new CX-60 PHEV, which I obtained in mid-November. I have driven it for around 1,000 kilometres so far, and I am really satisfied with the vehicle.

I have an inquiry about the optimal daily battery charge level. I have perused several perspectives on the subject, consulted the dealer, and now want to acquire knowledge from the participants of this forum.

I comprehend that it is often advised to charge the battery up to 80% if you engage in everyday charging. In my situation, I have the opportunity to recharge my vehicle on a daily basis at my workplace. However, relying on an 80% charge is not always sufficient to complete a round trip between my house and workplace, as well as the subsequent journey the following day. The charging increments may be adjusted to 80%, 90%, and other values, but there is no option specifically for 85%.

I would want to inquire about any potential technical or other problems that may arise if I were to adjust the charge limit to 90% instead of the default 80%. This adjustment is likely to be sufficient for my daily commute.

Expressing gratitude!

I appreciate your provision of the calculator. Based on the information provided, the estimated battery lifetime would be over 13 years when charged to 80%, compared to over 9 years when charged to 90%. I am curious about the potential consequences of charging my device to varied levels, such as 80% or 90%, as opposed to consistently charging it to a single level, such as 80% alone. Is there any potential harm in doing so?

The crucial factor is not the charging rate, but rather the duration for which the battery can maintain its charge at that level.
The general guideline for battery storage is to keep it at roughly 50-60% capacity. Therefore, charging the battery to 80% a few days before commencing the draining process is more detrimental than charging it to 100% only an hour before beginning the discharging cycle.

Regularly discharging your device on a daily basis, even if you charge it to 100% at work, will not have a negative effect as long as the outside weather is not very hot or cold. The only issue you may have is that the final 10% of charging will take longer than the previous 10%.

Therefore, choosing a setting of 90% would be advantageous, given my usual driving habits.
Nevertheless, what is the threshold for the "detrimental" duration of "battery charge retention". As for me, I connect the car to a power source in the morning, upon my arrival at work. Typically, I get a notice on my phone about midday indicating that the battery of my vehicle is charged to 80%. The battery remains at this level until I finish work, which is around 6-7 hours after receiving the information. Therefore, the battery remains charged at 80% for about 6-7 hours every day throughout the work week. Is it a detrimental period? Is it advisable to delay the start of the charging process to a later time throughout the day, so that the charge is completed closer to the time I leave work?

Indeed, I am aware of the current situation since I have examined real-time data using an OBD scanner. Perhaps there is a range of 5-95, or perhaps 7-94 (some estimation is required), but there is certainly a margin both above and below the condition of charge.

Furthermore, practical testing has shown the existence of a buffer zone, located at the discharged end, which provides a certain level of protection.

I wholeheartedly agree! I first encountered them in May 2023 when contemplating the purchase of an automobile. I have seen almost all the content on their channel using the auto-translate feature to English, while I patiently await the arrival of the automobile I bought back in June.

Greetings After careful deliberation, I make it a point to fully charge my Mazda CX60 PHEV every day. This is because the battery capacity is rather tiny, and even a 10% reduction in charge may have a significant impact. Unlike an EV with a larger range, surrendering any portion of the charge is more consequential in my case. Furthermore, it is important to note that there is a difference between what we see and the real capacity of the battery. Additionally, Mazda provides a generous guarantee for the battery, and as far as I am aware, they do not specify any specific restrictions or guidelines for charging. Therefore, I recommend using it to its maximum potential.

The battery management system restricts the charging capacity to prevent it from reaching 100%, but it monitors the temperature and driving range. The stated percentage may be 1%, however, the actual value is higher. This precaution is taken to account for the additional power required during prolonged acceleration for overtaking, ensuring that there is always a surplus of power reserved, even if it is not shown. A prime example is encountering heavy traffic when you may cover many kilometres by applying little pressure on the accelerator pedal, even if the vehicle's display indicates that the electric vehicle (EV) function is not accessible.