torque2me
Members-
Posts
175 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by torque2me
-
The XR2i lacks a carburettor, so no carburettor will be compatible. The XR2i first employed the fuel-injected 1.6 CVH engine until transitioning to the 1.8 Zetec in the early 1990s. I'm pretty sure they were both EFI engines rather than the Bosch K-Jetronic that was used on the 1.6 CVH used for the XR3i up to 89. The 'I' in XR2i denotes injection; might it be that you are confusing the XR2 with the XR2i? The XR2 was equipped with a carburettor on the 1.6 CVH engine.
-
I am skeptical.
-
https://partsouq.com/
-
Visit www.partsouq.com Enter your VIN to locate your car. It will indicate if one component is a more recent version of the other.
-
I like using goods from Hydra. Recently acquired 5 liters of their latest stuff. CEBO.
-
Search for the component numbers online to see their images, as sales platforms such as eBay provide visual references.
-
https://www.lllparts.co.uk/product/54318236846
-
https://www.lllparts.co.uk/product/54348263825/microswitch-54348263825
-
https://www.lllparts.co.uk/product/54318254273/microswitch
-
I discovered three related to the folding top.
-
Engine RPM problem and diagnostic tool malfunction
torque2me replied to Black_raven's topic in General Car Chat
I own a Foxwell NT530, purchased from a UK seller, equipped with the whole Mercedes software. While it was not the least expensive option, its capabilities are extensive. Additionally, it will do a fundamental scan of other brands. -
German weekend gathering at Caffeine & Machine on June 7th-8th
torque2me replied to coolguy's topic in General Car Chat
I take pleasure in visiting the Hill. I typically attend on Bank Holidays. Regrettably, I must decline as that weekend coincides with an open farming event, during which my family typically gathers at the farm where my grandfather was employed. It would be excellent to attend a meeting at some time, as I missed the previous one at Caffeine and Machine in the south. -
Middlewick House, Nick Mason's automobile collection
torque2me replied to rab60bit88's topic in General Car Chat
Nick Mason is an admirable individual and a member of one of the most distinguished bands globally. -
As previously stated, 5W30 synthetic oil that satisfies the specifications indicated by user FerrariF1… either the original equipment manufacturer oil filter or a reputable aftermarket alternative… I utilise K&N filters for personal maintenance, since they feature a welded bolt on the end that facilitates removal if it becomes excessively tight during reinstallation. I also favour the brands WIX, Mobil 1, Bosch, and Purolator. You may visit the Wix website. Input your vehicle's information, and it will indicate the appropriate filter for your automobile. Most establishments akin to Jiffy Lube typically utilise subpar filters frequently.
-
The battery in the key is depleting. The fob for my 2007 contains a rechargeable battery that charges while in the slot. They are not eternal.
-
Do it yourself? I personally installed a Smart Top on my Volvo C70, which has an older electrical system. Aside from locating one connector concealed under the boot lining, the process was uncomplicated and devoid of issues.
-
Consistently traversing speed humps might also lead to this deterioration.
-
I do not believe that insurance is a fraudulent scheme. We are primarily victims of individuals who fail to insure their vehicles or disclose modifications (commendations to you for doing so), subsequently leading to claims made by these individuals—resulting in insurers incurring losses due to the absence of paid policies to support the claims. Consequently, prices increase for all others to mitigate the disparity. In the past five years, that issue has intensified significantly. I transitioned from a four-year-old AMG C43 to a brand-new M340i, resulting in a decrease in expense, despite the vehicles being comparable in performance.
-
The headlights remained in excellent condition six months later.
-
Audible scratching emanating from the brakes
torque2me replied to MotoGravity's topic in General Car Chat
There may be an obstruction in the pads. The C class platform has a problem with the foot brake cable that runs longitudinally, which may fracture a clip located at the centre underneath of the vehicle, allowing the cable to make contact with the prop shaft. Therefore, if the issue is not related to the brakes, consider this possibility. -
Would not describe it as subpar.It has considerable technology; nonetheless, it cannot rival the V8 and rear-wheel drive configuration.In my opinion
-
Mercedes had an AMG platinum event recently, coinciding with my C63s servicing and MOT.I requested a test drive of the C63 SE, and they complied. The automobile is quite amazing.Highly advanced technology, remarkable acceleration, and a comfortable ride on the 20-inch wheels. I would choose the estate. Currently, they are offering advantageous prices on the models. Upon re-entering my C63s, it seemed diminutive. Disadvantage.Even in sport/race mode, the engine and exhaust are subdued, and the four-wheel drive diminishes its intensity.
-
The V220 CDI W638 fails to start during a brief drive.
torque2me replied to torque2me's topic in General Car Chat
I modified it, nevertheless the issue persists. This problem occurs only during short journeys, never while the vehicle is at full temperature, nor during the first cold start; it only arises after a brief excursion followed by a period of parking. -
The V220 CDI W638 fails to start during a brief drive.
torque2me replied to torque2me's topic in General Car Chat
Does the W638 diesel possess that relay?
