Disable the Keyless Entry Fob (on some models).

Kia seems to have implemented a new feature that enables users to deactivate their keyless entry fob. However, Key has not officially acknowledged any modifications, and there is no reference to this in my Sportage guidebook.

The exact date of introduction for this capability is uncertain, however, it has been confirmed to be functional on some recent versions of the EV6, XCeed, and 5th Generation Sportage (perhaps including the EV9 as well). This may be effective on other recently released models.

I have included a description of the technique below, which is simple and easy to understand. However, as a precautionary measure, I continue to store my fobs in a Faraday box. I do not feel that this method offers protection against the recent robberies using 'Game Boy' devices.

Secure the vehicle by using the door handle button.
    To activate the key fob, simultaneously press and hold the lock and unlock buttons.
    The car's indicators should flash once, followed by a brief delay, and then flash four times.
    The fob is now deactivated, which means that the vehicle cannot be unlocked using the door button.

To get access to the automobile, one must press either the unlock or lock button on the key fob. After the fob is used to open the automobile, the keyless entry system becomes operational again.

A YouTube video showcasing the procedure as explained by an owner of an EV6 is available. In addition, he states that the Kia Connect app allows you to remotely unlock and lock the car even without activating the key fobs. However, I have not been successful in reproducing this functionality on my own vehicle. I trust that this will be effective for you.

If the solution is successful, please inform other members by writing the make and year of your car in the comments section below.

The functionality is compatible with my XCeed model 3, namely the my24 version. Nevertheless, I must relocate a little distance from the doors prior to using the lock/unlock button technique. If I refrain from doing so and push the door handle button, the doors will unlock in the usual manner.

However, it is customary for an automobile to only permit unlocking while in close proximity, often by a button located on the door.

The door button of the automobile is technically disabled, so you should not be able to open the car using it. Instead, you need to use the key to unlock the car.

I anticipate that this discussion will revolve around a certain topic or subject. 🤔 🤣🤣

Unfortunately, it is not possible to easily disable keyless entry since it provides an entry point for burglars.

The feature works well on my 2022 gen5 Sporty. However, caution must be used since I inadvertently caused both front windows to lower by about one cm when using the lock/unlock button.
I failed to observe the situation, and due to the strong gusts of wind we had a fortnight ago, it repeatedly triggered the alarm.
It took me some time to discover that the windows were open.

It seems to be rather intricate. I like the configuration of the Renault Clio, since it allowed for the deactivation of keyless entry by simply using the lock button on the remote. This feature was straightforward and convenient.